autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

The SCANGRIP Multimatch Tripod Single - The importance of good lighting when doing professional detailing by Mike Phillip

The SCANGRIP Multimatch Tripod Single - The importance of good lighting when doing professional detailing by Mike Phillip

SCANGRIP Multimatch Light

Here are three reasons you need good lighting when doing professional quality work

1: For your eyes
    When doing professional level work and this can include both show car detailing where you're doing multiple-step to the paint like compounding, polishing and protecting as well as high quality production detailing, where you're for the most part using a one-step cleaner/wax also called an AIO, you need to be able to SEE the paint defects in order to determine what you must do to remove them for the type of results you've promised to your customer.

2: For your customer's eyes
    The value of pro grade tools to show and educate your customer cannot be understated. You know your business but most people only know their car is dirty and needs to be washed and waxed. If you're up-to-speed in the car detailing world this means you either use my VIF in the paper version or the electronic version and both of these enable you to offer different packages of services. The idea being to match your service to your customer and their car for a win/win relationship with your customer. Part of matching the right package to your customer, usually your high end packages, you want and need to be able to educate your customer on the defects in their car's paint and how you can remedy the defects using the right package. Quality lights help you to educate your customer because it's a tool that makes the defects VISIBLE. And after the work, shows the defects are no longer visible.

3: To market yourself and your business
    If you market your business by documenting your work then you need good lighting to show and capture via pictures and video the before and after results.

Here's how you can use SCANGRIP swirl finder lights to accomplish all three goals.

This is my buddy Rich's 1932 Ford Roadster. Looks pretty good in this picture huh?

Note the clock in the background, it's 6:20am Thursday morning, April 20th, 2017 when I took these pictures. This is been a busy week. Detailed a 1972 Buick on Tuesday, Detailed a brand new Mercedes-Benz S 550 yesterday and today this old 2-door Ford. Detailing is one thing, taking the pictures and the creating a write-up about doubles the time needed, so a guy has to start early.

Let's throw a little light on this project...

The SCANGRIP Multimatch light is rechargeable, note the cord is wrapped around the tripod?

Not good...

Wait - paint looks good here doesn't it?

My personal, trusty dusty SCANGRIP Sunmatch swirl finder light...

Frame-up the shot....

Ouch!

Wait... I think the trunk is okay....

Nope... need the same attention all the other body panels need....

After being on 4-5 episodes of Competition Ready TV and multiple job locations, she's still by my side...

Well at least the dash is good to go....

Nope - I typed too soon....

Now here's the same areas AFTER compounding and polishing using the same lights...

On Autogeek.com

SCANGRIP Sunmatch

SCANGRIP Multimatch Tripod Single

ALL SCANGRIP LIGHTS

Mike Phillips

Re: The SCANGRIP Multimatch Tripod Single - The importance of good lighting when doing professional detailing by Mike Phillip

Bump for a clean URL

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The SCANGRIP Multimatch Tripod Single - The importance of good lighting when doing professional detailing by Mike Phillip

Stunning work as usual, Mike. I hope you have the time, & take it, to school all the car owners on proper washing techniques. I cringe to think these cars all go back home to the same dish soap & old dish rag wash regimen.
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Navy Blue Metallic 2002 Trans Am Firehawk Red

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post

Stunning work as usual, Mike. I hope you have the time, & take it, to school all the car owners on proper washing techniques.
    Did my best....

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post

I cringe to think these cars all go back home to the same dish soap & old dish rag wash regimen.

Yup....

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work on that hot-rod Mike! Indeed that tripod is a must. I ordered it with the entire scangrip kit. Comes in handy and it's built like a tank!