autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Removing #2000 Grit Sanding Marks with One Step by BLACKFIRE! LIVE!!!

Removing #2000 Grit Sanding Marks with One Step by BLACKFIRE! LIVE!!!

BLACKFIRE One Step

A product that corrects, polishes and seals in one step

First - DON’T try this at home kids. Seriously - most people should NOT be machine sanding or even hand sanding with #2000 Grit sanding discs or wet/dry papers on FACTORY paint.

I did this to show just how much correction you can get out of this new one-step product.

I machine sanded my demo hood with #2000 Mirka Abralon Sanding disc and the removed 100% of the sanding marks using BLACKFIRE One Step, which is a one-step Cleaner-wax or more specifically a one-step cleaner/sealant sine it doesn’t use “wax” for protection but some form of synthetic sealant.

Since I’m typing live at the Ace Cafe Show - I’ll let the pictures do the talking.

First I machine wet sanded the paint using the Mirka Abralon #2000 grit sanding disc.

This is me lighting up the sanding marks, what looks like DULL PAINT using the SCANGRIP Sunmatch Swirl Finder Light.

Uniform Dull is what you're seeing here as machine sanding leaves behind a very uniform sanding mark pattern. Also on context - fairly deep sanding marks.

Now I've placed a tape line down the panel to separate where I'm going to buff from the rest of the panel and then again, I light her up!

Here you see three nickel sized drops or dollops of BLACKFIRE One Step Cleaner/Sealant on a RUPES coarse blue foam cutting pad on a RUPES Mark II BigFoot 21 Orbital Polisher (free spinning)

That's me holding the polisher while taking a pictures simply to document that "yes" it's me and "yes" I really did all this live at the car show. After taking the picture of course I held the polisher with both hands and worked the polisher over the paint.

That’s residue on the paint as I have NOT wiped the wax off yet...

NOW I've wiped the BLACKFIRE One Step off the paint and lit it up using the SCANGRIP Sunmatch Swirl Finder Light...

That my friends is showing you that 100% of the #2000 grit sanding marks have not only been completely removed but the product, the pad and the tool left a flawless finish.

I've moved the light over to the sanded side - if you look closely right along the tape line you can see the tale-tale signs of the sanding marks. That's because you cannot easily remove 100% of the sanding marks RIGHT NEXT TO THE TAPE as the tape creates a higher surface level than the actual paint surface and this higher surface level means you cannot push the pad and abrasives down onto the paint next to the tape line.

Over the BLACKFIRE One Step section....

Over the tape line....

Over sanded paint....

If you're looking for a GREAT one-step cleaner/sealant - get a 32 ounce bottle of BLACKFIRE One Step. It is amazing.

On Autogeek.com

BLACKFIRE One Step - 32 ounce bottle

BLACKFIRE One Step - 1 gallon jug

2. Thanks Diner, jmazach thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing #2000 Grit Sanding Marks with One Step by BLACKFIRE! LIVE!!!

Subscribed

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Nicely done!

Thanks for taking the time to chime in...

I did this over and over again for the people that came by the booth. Of course I had to explain that in the REAL world people don't machine sand paint with #2000 grit sanding discs and then remove the sanding marks using a one-step cleaner/sealant or AIO also in the generic... a cleaner/wax.

Everyone that watched the demo was impressed and of course I told them to get their own bottle of BLACKFIRE One Step to go to Autogeek.com or call one of our friendly customer care reps at

1-800-869-3011

Post Thanks / Like

this will be coming in gallons right mike? also any idea on how long we can expect the durability of the protection or something to compare it to?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm impressed Mike. Now I know you enjoy using HD Speed on your truck, do you see this BF AIO taking its place?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I'm impressed Mike. Now I know you enjoy using HD Speed on your truck, do you see this BF AIO taking its place?
    Good question z Mike did call it the "speed killer"

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post

Good question z Mike did call it the "speed killer"

I know it can be hard to read and/or remember every thread I start or comment I make on the forum but for the record, what I've used on my truck is a plethora of one-step cleaner/waxes. In order here's what I used this year,

1. McKee's 37 360
    2. SONAX Paint Cleaner
    3. 3D HD Speed
    4. Meguiar's D166 Polishing Wax

I sold my truck a few weeks ago. I'm looking for something older and bigger.

BLACKFIRE One Step is a top shelf one-step cleaner/sealant. I'd put it on the same top shelf as 3D HD Speed. Kind of like a lot of compounds and polishes we carry. I don't know if I could say there's a BEST but I can say there's a lot that would all stand shoulder to shoulder on the same top shelf.

I would highly recommend purchasing a quart and put it to your own test.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I

I sold my truck a few weeks ago. I'm looking for something older and bigger.

What!! You sold the red beast!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post

What!! You sold the red beast!!
    Yes. I pointed this out because there is now no way I can test out One Step as the truck is gone...

Loved the truck but don't want to own a monster truck that has an onboard computer or fuel injection and all the downsides of fuel injection.

I'm probably going to purchase a Monster Jeep for marketing reasons. Something with 44" tall tires, a small block Chevy with Chevy drivetrain. Something that some other guy has already dumped a ton of money into and now just wants to get out of it.

Now back to One Step!

12. Thanks Cruzscarwash thanked for this post
    Likes mc2hill liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast