autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEX FLEX Cordless Polishers!

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Most lithium battery powered tools maintain perfomance and then just die
    Right that is built into the tool. Lithium batteries will maintain their minimum rated voltage in this case 18V all throughout the charge. At max charge the voltage will be around 20V then it will drop to18V and will maintain that charge until the battery gets to around 80-90% discharged. When it drops below 18V the circuitry in the tool shuts it off. It does this to prevent damage to the battery. LithIon batteries last the longest if it is charged before complete discharge. Also a LithIon battery will maintain at least an 80% charge for 3 years on the shelf.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

Mike Phillips

Re: NEW FLEX Cordless Polishers!

***Update***

The FIRST car detailing class in the United States where people were able to get their hands on these two new tools was my roadshow class in Colorado the weekend of November 11th and 12th.

Pictures - Colorado Roadshow Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

I'm hoping to have some casual classes in December where I will have these tools available for people to test out.

Also - I'm teaching a class for the IDA at MTE where I'll be going over tools, the history of tools, where were at currently and the future.

2018 Class Schedule for Mobile Tech Expo - Friday, January 26th in Orlando, Florida

See #5 in the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Where I can see this tool really shining is with finishing polishes and application of waxes/sealants. How nice to be able to set down the corded tool after a grueling 4-6 hour compounding session and finish up without a cord for the last hour.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post

Where I can see this tool really shining is with finishing polishes and application of waxes/sealants.

How nice to be able to set down the corded tool after a grueling 4-6 hour compounding session and finish up without a cord for the last hour.

I agree and soon this will be the new reality.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEX FLEX Cordless Polishers!

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    No they dont everyone hates when batteries die
    I don't hate when batteries die, to me that a sign from God I should take a beer break. So when I buy this polisher, if I do a correction that takes 7 hours *tries to do the math*

40 minutes battery life
    60 minutes in an hour x 7 hours
    420 minutes divided by 40

Hay on a 7 hour correction I could have 10.5 IPA's. Now I don't know how well I could polish after even 4 IPA's, but it sounds like a pretty good day to me lol.

6. Likes Brandon Wetch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks handy for use on my Cobalt boat when a plug is not available. Time to buy one.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I like people saying it's going to shine with finishing polishes and waxes. I'm definitely not going to be happy if I just bought a 550.00 wax spreader because that's all it has power to do. My understanding was that these machines had approximately the same amount of power as the corded versions.

I sold my XFE-7 15 mm when I got the battery version. Rotary is going to be here in a few days. I think I'll hold on to my PE-14 until I'm able to find out how much power the battery version has.

They are really nice machines, but if they aren't direct replacements for the corded versions...
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I'm not sure I like people saying it's going to shine with finishing polishes and waxes. I'm definitely not going to be happy if I just bought a 550.00 wax spreader because that's all it has power to do. My understanding was that these machines had approximately the same amount of power as the corded versions.

I sold my XFE-7 15 mm when I got the battery version. Rotary is going to be here in a few days. I think I'll hold on to my PE-14 until I'm able to find out how much power the battery version has.

They are really nice machines, but if they aren't direct replacements for the corded versions...
    Hopefully Im not veering too far off of the original intent of this post.

It seems you have experience with the corded version, but according to this review the corded version is basically a wax spreader itself:

FLEX XFE 7-15 REVIEW - YouTube

Even with updates in the video comments as recent as a week ago, the reviewer seems to indicate that it is insufficient for cutting compared to Rupes and other brands. I haven't used the XFE-7 15 corded or cordless, but in searching online it seems that some other reviews agree with the CarCraft Review. In my opinion that is disappointing if its true.

10. Likes Ronin47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

here's another review to check out as well...

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the Flex cordless polishers. So far used to apply AIO's and sealants. Pretty much have to run it on speed 6 or close to it or the weight of it will stop it from spinning. I bought it because I do a lot of work under the car port this time of year and it's 50ft away from any power. I figured it would be good for spot corrections and applying wax or sealants. Not sure it will have the power for any serious correction. I switched to the smaller 5" backing plate and seemed to struggle with a 5.5" micro fiber polishing pad applying Duragloss 501, you could see a difference in speed going back to a foam pad applying Duragloss 601/111 to finish up. Haven't used it enough to give it a thumbs up or down.

So far I've done the roof/hood of a CRV with 3 steps...AIO then 601 then 111 and a F150 roof, again 3 steps with polisher and battery is on half.

13. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast