autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Two very useful & informative articles, thank you Mike.
    Thanks Aaryn,

Can't wait to see you again at Detail Fest this year.

I especially like the Clearcoats are thin by Mike Phillips

Article & am always referring to information learnt from this thread & relaying this to my customers.

That article is so simple in what it explains and how it explains it and I'd have to say it's one of the top 10 articles I've ever written and one that I share the most out of all the articles I've ever written.

I shared it twice in two new videos we shot just this week for Mothers and I probably share it in 4 out of 8 classes I taught at Mobile Tech Expo.

I meet lots of detailers that now keep a stack of post-it notes with them to share the info in the paint is thin article as a way of getting customers.

The truth shocks people, period. I know we know but for Joe Bloggs who doesn't know alot about cars, paint etc, being told how little paint/clear coat we have to work with is an eye opener for most. I guess it shouldn't shock me all that much but I swear some people believe that the paint on their vehicle is infinite. I have even had a principal of a car dealership tell me once that buffing a car numerous times won't affect the integrity of the paintwork . . . yeah, I don't do work for him.

Great articles Mike & good for sure.

Aaryn NZ.

Education leads to sales - so educate.

2. Thanks axel06 thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips

another awesome thread, thank you Mike

Post Thanks / Like

That is superb info. for a newcomer like me.

I`ve been wanting to get into machine polishing for a while, I need to step up from hand polishing now or I`ll never do it.

My main concern now is the right machine, I know these machines make noise, a lot of noise and as I`m working on my drive
    I don`t wanna upset my neighbours so I`ll be considering a quieter machine. If there is such a thing !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel View Post

I`ve been wanting to get into machine polishing for a while, I need to step up from hand polishing now or I`ll never do it.

My main concern now is the right machine, I know these machines make noise, a lot of noise and as I`m working on my drive
    I don`t wanna upset my neighbours so I`ll be considering a quieter machine. If there is such a thing !
    FWIW, they're not THAT loud. I do most of my detailing work during my downtime, which usually only happens when either my kids or wife or both are asleep. Never disturbed them. If you're just getting into it, you can't go wrong with a PC 7424xp and 5.5" pads. Safe, powerful enough for all but the most intensive compounding and easy to use. If you're looking for a rotary (obligatory warning that there is a learning curve involved with using a rotary safely), I highly recommend the DeWalt DWP849X. One of the better power tool purchases I've ever made.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Today is the day!

Now is the time!

I don`t wanna upset my neighbours so I`ll be considering a quieter machine.

I agree with subyfan, they are not that loud.

I wouldn't think a neighbor would get miffed if you're just buffing out your own car.

8. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Bumpity bump!

This is an article I wrote last year but it's packed with helpful info, a video and links to more info for anyone that loves to detail their own cars but still works by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Bumpity bump!

This is an article I wrote last year but it's packed with helpful info, a video and links to more info for anyone that loves to detail their own cars but still works by hand.

Did we forget something?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by xabo View Post

Did we forget something?

Ha ha....

The answer is "no" the article is this thread your on right now.

If you click back to the first page and scroll down there is a TON of information.

Heck I think I'm only guy that's ever explained the history of microfiber pads in a cohesive manner and then shared the difference between buffing with fiber and foam pads when using orbitals and this is just one chunk of info on the first page.

Try to find that kind of in-depth info in a post on a FB group.... ha ha....

12. Likes TiCaLLioNStaLLyN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Ha ha....

The answer is "no" the article is this thread your on right now.

If you click back to the first page and scroll down there is a TON of information.

Heck I think I'm only guy that's ever explained the history of microfiber pads in a cohesive manner and then shared the difference between buffing with fiber and foam pads when using orbitals and this is just one chunk of info on the first page.

Try to find that kind of in-depth info in a post on a FB group.... ha ha....

Guess I overlooked that....................Yes you are. That's one of the reasons I come here, a wealth of knowledge from the best in the business!!

Mike Phillips

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast