autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips

Great article Mike! I'm somewhat new to the detailing profession, and recently obtained the Griot's 6" DA with HD cord mostly due to your (and others') recommendation(s). This is the most informative bit on polishing pads (microfiber vs. foam) I've seen... Thanks!

Car Detailing | Car Cleaning Services | Auto Detail | Spectra Auto Detail

Mike Phillips

Re: Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SpectraAutoDetail View Post

Great article Mike! I'm somewhat new to the detailing profession, and recently obtained the Griot's 6" DA with HD cord mostly due to your (and others') recommendation(s).

It's a great tool for both people new to machine polishing and the MOST experienced and seasoned of detailers, including you're truly.

I use this polisher all the time. In fact, sometimes it's MORE BENEFICIAL to have a SHORT STROKE polisher over a long stroke polisher. And I ALWAYS cover short stroke polishers in all my classes.

I need to write an article on this topic someday.

This is the most informative bit on polishing pads (microfiber vs. foam) I've seen...

Thanks!

Thank you.

I know there is a LOT of confusion over microfiber versus foam buffing pads and you can't really find anything substantial in the blogosphere, so I typed this up to help people new to machine polishing.

3. Likes VISITOR, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Great article Mike! I'm somewhat new to the detailing profession,

We were ALL new at one time, so nothing wrong with being new to the hobby or the business.

Just to note, we have one of our Roadshow classes coming to Gerogia.

Autogeek's Roadshow Detailing Class in Atlanta, Georgia - November 16th and 17th

Our 3-day classes here are $1,800.00 plus all your travel expenses. I hope you can come to one of our 3-day classes here but if you can't the roadshow classes are the next best thing.

Info, locations and dates for all our 2018 Roadshow Classes

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Just to note, we have one of our Roadshow classes coming to Gerogia.
    Noted! I really hope to make it.

BTW - I downloaded your "Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine" eBook today and am already about halfway through it. Great stuff!

Thanks!

Mike Phillips

Noted! I really hope to make it.
    Hope you and a few others will make it.

BTW - I downloaded your "Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine" eBook today and am already about halfway through it.

Great stuff!

Thanks!

Glad you like it.... to a lifetime to learn tons of stuff and then figuring out how to "type" in a conversational how-to manner so that people can take what they read and then put what they learn into practice in their own garage it's own "art form".

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

LOTS of information in the entire thread, i.e. links to MORE info that will help you.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally! Thank you for your article! Even though I started out with the PC7424XP, I am always letting beginners know they should start with the GG6". Can't go wrong with their Lifetime Warranty. This post is spot on! As always Yoda has spoken! Keep on Rocking!

I still use my PC7424XP as my mini DA and my wax/sealant applicator. My Flex 3401 does the rest!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool article. I liked the history behind the MF pads.

I would like to add (if it’s ok Mike) that everyone should get a foam pad conditioning brush. Foam Pad Conditioning Brush cleans and reconditions foam and wool pads on the buffer. remove excess caked wax and polish from buffing pads.

I always like to clean my new pad on the fly just to make sure it’s clean. Ask me why I do this every time now. Lol
    Jim

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

I think I've shared this article at least 3 times this week alone.

Besides my articles on how clearcoat paints are thin and how and why to inspect your microfiber towels, I share this one the most.

Post Thanks / Like

mike, thanks for putting these articles together. A lot of great information that is very helpful for someone trying to get into the world of machine polishing but doesn’t know where to start. A+ product recommendations that are proven performers.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast