autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: How, why & when to inspect your microfiber towels when detailing cars

Post Thanks / Like

Just did this last night. Couple loads of towels, all washed and dried, and then sat watching a hockey game and looked at every single towel. I give them a look over again before I use them, but doing them after washing and before folding to store makes sense to me.

My wife, on the other hand, laughs at me every time I carry the load out to the living room. But she doesn't seem to laugh when she sees how nice her car looks!

The Gold Plus are notorious (to me, at least) to pick up gunk. I figure they must be good towels - It's a real PIA to pick stuff out of those towels!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post

Just did this last night. Couple loads of towels, all washed and dried, and then sat watching a hockey game and looked at every single towel. I give them a look over again before I use them, but doing them after washing and before folding to store makes sense to me.

My wife, on the other hand, laughs at me every time I carry the load out to the living room.
    That's funny!

But she doesn't seem to laugh when she sees how nice her car looks!
    Yup. The flipside of the coin.

The Gold Plus are notorious (to me, at least) to pick up gunk. I figure they must be good towels - It's a real PIA to pick stuff out of those towels!
    I've been using the Gold Plus Jr. 16"x16" towels since coming to Autogeek in 2009. This last year Andre and Bobby did some towel testing. When they were through they left some towels they tested in one of the dirty towel hampers on the garage. I washed them and then used them. Then I went and told Andre and Bobby I really like them. I think I also sent them an e-mail. I felt strongly enough about the towels that I wanted to make my opinion known in a strong manner.

Never heard anything from anyone.

A few months down the road these towels show up in inventory. I don't know if my feedback was a deciding factor or if it was just a normal addition to our offerings. But... I put an order in for a large quantity of these towels for my classes and now they are my favorite towel for wiping off compounds, polishes, cleaner/waxes and coatings.

The are edgeless - so no edge to worry about marring paint.

They have a FLAT tight weave - so less chance for particulates to bury into them - less contamination issues.

They are soft and plush - just normal characteristics we/I need for working on scratch-sensitive clearcoats.

I recently showcased them in two articles on how to maintain or wash ceramic coated cars. In my opinion - for whatever that is worth - these are excellent towels and perfect for washing or wiping ceramic coated cars. I'd highly recommend getting a 12-pack and testing the towels yourself and me for that matter.

Both articles show the towels and have links to them on the AG Store. They also cost less than the Gold Plush Jr. towels.

How to safely wash a ceramic coated car by Mike Phillips - Traditional Hose & Bucket Approach

How to maintain a Coated Garage Queen by Mike Phillips

Here's the towels

12 Pack Forrest Green Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths

Post Thanks / Like

Is everyone washing their brand new towels *before* using them for the first time? My towels look so good I’m tempted to just use them out of the bag but I always used to wash before using. I’m not sure if I should continue this practice.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Is everyone washing their brand new towels *before* using them for the first time? My towels look so good I’m tempted to just use them out of the bag but I always used to wash before using. I’m not sure if I should continue this practice.
    I feel the same way.

Mike Phillips

Shared here,

Coating Questions

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Can't stress enough how important it is to inspect your towels and even wash mitts, before

Touching Paint

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast