autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Poll: What type of detailing do you do? Production Detailing or Show Car Detailing?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Production Detailing - Daily Drivers

19 25.68%
  • Show Car Detailing - Cool Cars

11 14.86%
  • Both

44 59.46%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Poll: What type of detailing do you do? Production Detailing or Show Car Detailing?

Poll: What type of detailing do you do? Production Detailing or Show Car Detailing?

Production Detailing = Using a one-step cleaner/wax for daily drivers and grocery getters. Note some people call a cleaner/wax an AIO whatever term you like but they are the same things, just different words.

Show Car Detailing = Using a dedicated compound and polish to perfect the paint and then using either a finishing wax, a finishing sealant or a ceramic or quartz paint coating. In other words, you're doing multiple steps on usually a cool car, not a grocery getter.

Bot types are honorable and good. Just very different for the market place.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poll: What type of detailing do you do? Production Detailing or Show Car Detailing?

Voted Both.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poll: What type of detailing do you do? Production Detailing or Show Car Detailing?

I do about 90% production and the remaining is car show. I'd like to do more car show details.

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Both with it leaning way more to the DD side.

What about the DYIers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I do about 90% production and the remaining is car show. I'd like to do more car show details.

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app
    This! Seeing huge 3 row vehicles(Ford Expedition, GMC Yukon, etc) show up makes me question my decision to do production detailing, particularly when having to tackle the huge interior of these vehicles. Still waiting to work on my first SIV - special interest vehicle. Hope that day arrives soon...sigh.

David

Post Thanks / Like

Well it definitely makes money, I mean I'm not in the ball park of some pros here who clear $1000 a day but I can net between 600-900 a day on production buffs. I'm gonna start a car show package here soon, just figuring out how to put it together

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I am a therapist by profession so the 'sickness' of auto detailing is for fun... having said that... I'd say I do a show car detail on a grocery-go-getter... I can take more time since I do it for fun...

Post Thanks / Like

I do this on the side, so don't really have time to do production detailing, though I'll take the job every now and then. Even an occasional wash and wax. So, although I do both, most of the work I've put out would be closer to show car work. 16+ hours (I take my time and/or I'm slow)

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    This! Seeing huge 3 row vehicles(Ford Expedition, GMC Yukon, etc) show up makes me question my decision to do production detailing, particularly when having to tackle the huge interior of these vehicles. Still waiting to work on my first SIV - special interest vehicle. Hope that day arrives soon...sigh.

David

Keep in mind, the pool of daily drivers and soccer mom cars is far, far greater than the pool of SIVs. So if you're doing this for money...
    (also remember you can always turn away certain jobs)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Well it definitely makes money, I mean I'm not in the ball park of some pros here who clear $1000 a day but I can net between 600-900 a day on production buffs. I'm gonna start a car show package here soon, just figuring out how to put it together
    Cruzman....you know that 900 is just shy of 1,000 right? hehe.

I'm still way cheap on my work. And I'm still okay with that

Post Thanks / Like

Both Bada Boom Bada Bing!...LOL
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I do this on the side, so don't really have time to do production detailing, though I'll take the job every now and then. Even an occasional wash and wax. So, although I do both, most of the work I've put out would be closer to show car work. 16+ hours (I take my time and/or I'm slow)

Keep in mind, the pool of daily drivers and soccer mom cars is far, far greater than the pool of SIVs. So if you're doing this for money...
    (also remember you can always turn away certain jobs)

Cruzman....you know that 900 is just shy of 1,000 right? hehe.

I'm still way cheap on my work. And I'm still okay with that
    Hey, if you lose by and inch or a mile right

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast