autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Poll: What type of detailing do you do? Production Detailing or Show Car Detailing?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Production Detailing - Daily Drivers

19 25.68%
  • Show Car Detailing - Cool Cars

11 14.86%
  • Both

44 59.46%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poll: What type of detailing do you do? Production Detailing or Show Car Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    I also get some work from bodyshops for "finishing" work too.

Aaryn NZ.
    That is surprising that a body shop is willing to admit that your polishing skills are superior to theirs. I can't imagine many bodyshop guys are willing to admit that they can't polish their paint work to perfection. Don't teach them either. And don't ever let them know about AGO

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poll: What type of detailing do you do? Production Detailing or Show Car Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    That is surprising that a body shop is willing to admit that your polishing skills are superior to theirs. I can't imagine many bodyshop guys are willing to admit that they can't polish their paint work to perfection. Don't teach them either. And don't ever let them know about AGO
    Yeah, it does seem a little strange gut in all honesty - the owner of said body shop has verbally said it. Himself & his staff simply cannot finish down as nice. I don't do the average, run-of-the-mill daily drivers that have had insurance type work done but I certainly get a fair amount of work come my way.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Thats awesome Aaryn!!!

I voted both but I do more production work than show car work. Although I try to up sell the customer on the benefits of the higher end work and durability offered in part by the paint coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Though the shop offers both, the vast majority, and the only jobs I help with are "show car" detailing jobs. Most of the vehicles that pass through are upper echelon brands, and not your everyday car for most of us. The shop has been open for 4 months now and the most average car I've seen roll through was a brand new A3. We want to do more show car details so it's fine with us, we like to think of it as a Spa, not a public pool 3/4 of the cars we get involve compounding somewhere if not everywhere, and 7/8 get at least a polish. But no AIOs.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly production!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123