autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Avoid water spots - The fast and simple way I dry my cars by Mike Phillips

Hey Mike, I got the water filter thing sorted thanks. I always wanted to know if foam up our truck and the sun dries the soap on my paint, will that soap that dried leave any staining on my paint?

Part of why I don’t wash truck is just that it’s too hot here in Texas all the time. I’m sure Florida and California same tho can’t complain, your thoughts on this
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Avoid water spots - Fast and simple way I dry my cars

Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF View Post
    I always wash outside also and just got the McKees37 Turbo Car Dryer. Works great and saves time. By the way Mike that is an Oldsmobile.
    Dude I got that same Jeep! I keep it looking great too!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike,

I just have one Guzzler right now.

My question is whenever you are drying a car, what do you do if you end up wiping up some dirt that was not removed during the wash process? I typically just fold to a clean side of the towel and keep drying but I wanted to see what your techniques and recommendations are.

Also you mentioned washing the Guzzlers separately. I typically throw mine in with my wash mitts. Do you believe this is an acceptable practice?

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post

Hey Mike,

I just have one Guzzler right now.

My question is whenever you are drying a car, what do you do if you end up wiping up some dirt that was not removed during the wash process?
    Yeah that happens.

Have you ever read or seen my car detailing article on "missing spots" while we wash a car? (me included)

Holiday & Vacation

I typically just fold to a clean side of the towel and keep drying but I wanted to see what your techniques and recommendations are.
    Normally, once you have contaminated a towel with dirt - especially a flat weave towel like a Guzzler - it's game over. You really need three of the 20" by 40" to tackle most cars, trucks and suvs.

More important - and I know you (and I), do always try out best - we have to get each panel of a car clean during the wash process. But when you discover a Holiday or a Vacation, via the drying process - all you can do is all you can do.

I try to keep my wash bucket and mitt around and if needed - do any touch-ups when discovered.

Also you mentioned washing the Guzzlers separately. I typically throw mine in with my wash mitts.

Do you believe this is an acceptable practice?
    That's acceptable. Because the Guzzlers Waffle Weave design means they are a FLAT weave design - the least of your worries are for this type of towel to become contaminated.

It's the wash mitts you have to be careful about.

Great questions, thank you for asking.

5. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Yeah that happens.

Have you ever read or seen my car detailing article on "missing spots" while we wash a car? (me included)

Holiday & Vacation

Normally, once you have contaminated a towel with dirt - especially a flat weave towel like a Guzzler - it's game over. You really need three of the 20" by 40" to tackle most cars, trucks and suvs.

More important - and I know you (and I), do always try out best - we have to get each panel of a car clean during the wash process. But when you discover a Holiday or a Vacation, via the drying process - all you can do is all you can do.

I try to keep my wash bucket and mitt around and if needed - do any touch-ups when discovered.

That's acceptable. Because the Guzzlers Waffle Weave design means they are a FLAT weave design - the least of your worries are for this type of towel to become contaminated.

It's the wash mitts you have to be careful about.

I hear you Mike! Thank you so much for answering my questions and I'll try not to go on too many Holidays or Vacations. That was pretty good article I like that one!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

You really need three of the 20" by 40" to tackle most cars, trucks and suvs.

I am ordering two more 20" by 40" Guzzlers in the morning. I ordered my first Guzzler on the 16th of May 2020. I'd say I've dried 2 - 3 cars per month with it since then. How many cars would you say you could get out of one 20" by 40" Guzzler?

Is there a definitive way to tell when it's time to retire a drying towel?

My pleasure! Thank you for generously answering my questions!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234