autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My favorite car washing tools - Wheel Woolies Car Detailing Brushes by Mike Phillips

Once you use them you will wonder why you didn't get them sooner.

One of my favorite purchases.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My favorite car washing tools - Wheel Woolies Car Detailing Brushes by Mike Phillips

Have to agree Wheel Woolies are the best. Don't forget the spoke brush to clean the barrel behind the spokes.

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Woolies are a great tool to have and I always use one or two on every set of wheels I clean.

These are also great for doing wheel wells. Just spray the well, swab, and rinse.

I also use these to rinse the barrels if I'm doing a waterless/rinseless detail by dunking one in my rinse bucket and swabbing to remove any leftover cleaner and dirt.

I only wish you could buy them individually, my large one it starting to get worn while the others are not, and I wish there was another size between the medium and large. And an extra small one would be cool too.

Definitely worth getting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Wheel Woolies are a great tool to have and I always use one or two on every set of wheels I clean.

These are also great for doing wheel wells. Just spray the well, swab, and rinse.

I also use these to rinse the barrels if I'm doing a waterless/rinseless detail by dunking one in my rinse bucket and swabbing to remove any leftover cleaner and dirt.

I only wish you could buy them individually, my large one it starting to get worn while the others are not, and I wish there was another size between the medium and large. And an extra small one would be cool too.

Definitely worth getting!
    They come in 1", 2" and 3".

Post Thanks / Like

These look great for cleaning the barrels, but are they any good at cleaning the faces? Looks like it would be tricky with the long handle and that type of brush head.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by derass View Post

These look great for cleaning the barrels, but are they any good at cleaning the faces?

Looks like it would be tricky with the long handle and that type of brush head.

Nope. These are not really for cleaning the face of the wheel.

That's where you want the Wheel Woolies Black Wheel Cleaning Brush. I have an article on this brush coming out too...

Besides cleaning the face of your car's wheels, (it's all I use), it's also incredible great at cleaning engine compartments, either the traditional method where you're using a degreaser and flushing/rinsing with water or if you're doing a cosmetic engine detail like I show here,

How to Clean Your Car's Engine - Both Cosmetic Engine Detailing & Engine Degreaser and Water Detailing - New Video Series

Post Thanks / Like

I love my WWs as well... The funny thing is, I really don't use them on actual wheels. I think the Daytona brushes are better for most regular wheels, simply because you can bend them to clean behind the spokes, behind calipers, clean the rotor hats, etc...

But, I always use WWs to clean wheel wells, engine bays, below rocker panels, and so much more. I just used one the big one to detail my new snow blower with HydroFoam (no way I was sticking my hands in the rotors). I've also used them to clean out bag less vacuum canisters and so much more just around the house.

I've even used the little one in a drill chuck to polish the inside of exhaust tips...

They hold up pretty well too, surprisingly the strands don't really fall off

Post Thanks / Like

I use this same 3 piece kit. It truly does work awesome!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Nope. These are not really for cleaning the face of the wheel.

That's where you want the Wheel Woolies Black Wheel Cleaning Brush. I have an article on this brush coming out too...

Besides cleaning the face of your car's wheels, (it's all I use), it's also incredible great at cleaning engine compartments, either the traditional method where you're using a degreaser and flushing/rinsing with water or if you're doing a cosmetic engine detail like I show here,

How to Clean Your Car's Engine - Both Cosmetic Engine Detailing & Engine Degreaser and Water Detailing - New Video Series

Ok, Mike, I have a question. Don't know if it's a silly question.
    You use the Wheel Woolies for the wheels and engine compartment. Do you use the stick WW's on the engine also? Obviously, you would clean the brushes off before moving from one to the other, correct?
    And, what would you use to clean the Wheel Woolies?
    Thanks

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by h8dirtycars View Post

Ok, Mike, I have a question. Don't know if it's a silly question.
    No such thing as a silly question on this forum.

You use the Wheel Woolies for the wheels and engine compartment.

Do you use the stick WW's on the engine also?

Obviously, you would clean the brushes off before moving from one to the other, correct?
    Yes - sort of.

I use to use the "stick" Wheel Woolies for engine compartments but now days I primarily use and teach/show the Speedmaster Wheel Brush and the Wheel Woolies Black Boar's Hair Wheel Face Brush

These two brushes....

Plus a few more brushes.

And, what would you use to clean the Wheel Woolies?

Thanks

Usually if you clean your brushes, even the WOOL wheel woolie brushes right then and there while the are filled and covered with whatever cleaner you are using them with - this is enough to clean them.

If you are cleaning major oily sludge and the sludge gets on the bristles or the wool - now you have to agitate with usually a degreaser. Just be sure to wear gloves when you do this.

Good questions - thanks for asking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12