autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Critique My Website?

Sorry for posting another critique thread. Also this is my first time posting, though I am a long time lurker. I just opened my own mobile detailing service with my fiancee and we are having some trouble getting clients. The website is not currently finished so I wanted a few ideas before I start with the final product.

We are based in Winston-Salem, NC and the market seems to be lightly saturated. We need some suggestions on how we can improve our advertising and effectively pull in customers. We could also use a couple of likes on Facebook to throw us over 30. Thank you all for your help!!

All Buffed Up Mobile Detailing

All Buffed Up Mobile Detailing
    https://www.facebook.com/allbuffedupdetailing
    detail-support@buffedupauto.com

Link to our current flyer -- https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...22ef0abf66434d

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Critique My Website?

the website need a lot of work

It looks very... 90s driven style

Take away 'the team' page, 'booking' page, 'our products' page, the timer and the state info
    Want more customers for your detailing business?
    Find out how: www.detailsummit.com

Post Thanks / Like

My comments would be as follows:
    - Think about just putting the address and phone number directly on the front page

- Get rid of the "Current Services" button, kinda gives the idea that your available services are changing due to 'Current'

- Consider changing "Detail Services" to "Packages and Pricing"

- Show pricing within each tab as opposed to off to the side.

- I would change "Half Detail" to something more appealing. "Half" makes it seem like im not getting something full. Consider silver/gold/platinum instead??

- Do you have sample pictures of your work available?
    Last edited by kevin_1981; 09-18-2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Accidentally posted

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys! I am currently overhauling the website now. I had built it from scratch within a span of 3 days and I know very little about building sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Buffed up.... i feel your pain.. ive only done a site 2x, and that was straight HTML yuck.

Post Thanks / Like

Got rid of several things and tweaked the website a little bit.... it feels a bit more empty now. Any ideas on things I could add?

Post Thanks / Like

I would move quite a few things around to simplify and organize things. I hope this comes off as constructive criticism for a well-layed out site.
    - Your home page has your phone/email but you also have a contact us button. change that to a tab leave the email and ph.
    - Your pics could be a little bigger and I would opt for before/afters from the same angle so customers can do a side x side comparison. Also, make it a separate tab for a gallery.
    - Remove the 2nd logo from your about us page.
    - Make a contact us tab instead of a button or link.
    - Why do you have a phone for Shancie but have X's??? I wouldn't even list a 2nd number.
    - I would remove the positions from the names in the contact us page. If they're not a detailer, take their name off. If people need someone for marketing, you can direct them to the appropriate person in charge of it.
    - In your about page, use "its" not "it's", the "it is" contraction.
    - Your work truck pic sits over text in Firefox, not sure about other browsers.
    - I would remove the 2014. Not saying you don't do quality work but people may be more reserved to hiring someone who just "started" this year. Next year or the year after that, go ahead and add it to show you've been established for some time.
    Mobile headlight restoration in the Oklahoma City area www.okcheadlights.com www.facebook.com/OKC.Headlights