autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thebamboo23 View Post

I would say it's not about expressing your level of expertise.. it comes down to fundamentals of "Can you solve my problem without ripping me off?" and if you can, then how you say it is very irrelevant

I will agree for the most part, but it is about selling yourself. For some potential clients, that's conveying expertise, others it's simply in stilling confidence or being easy to work with.

Saying things simply has it's pitfalls. Saying you will make the car shiny for $150 is ok, but if you finish and the client is upset because you didn't get a scratch out, that's problematic. Setting the expectation is key and for me, that means explaining what I'm going to do, how it differs from others and what the result is; this sets the expectation and justifies my cost. If someone doesn't like it, I don't want them as a client.

Your advice, however, is key when dealing with internet based sales. I get a basic email: how much to buff a 99 civic? I need to be concise and provide a qualified cost.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: You're industry lingo is not good for business

I disagree with this really. If your paint correction section explains what it is and show pictures of what it is then shouldn't be a problem. I never had a problem with any of the wording on my website. When your talking to a customer you should always ask what are you looking to get done. Then you can go from there and get an idea what they want done. Then I give them options of what I can do for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: You're industry lingo is not good for business

I learned the realities of this years ago as a late teenager selling for Circuit City...

you figure out very quickly that your customer (ones that arent browsing)will need to be communicated in one of 3 ways:

1: the info hoarder - you can pretty much unload your entire vocabulary on the topic and they'd be happy because they either want to know more badly, want to prove they know more than you, or want to prove to themself that you know and are worth buying from.

2: proof in the pudding. - these folks couldn't care less what the numbers and specs say, they know what they can see, hear and touch. Demos and examples are what they care about to make it real to them.

3: slasher - these folks go straight for the lowest price tag, period. they need something that does 'X', and no other things weigh more in their mind than how much it costs to do 'X'. all other info, features, and demos are meaningless to this customer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12