autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Regular Member Extreme Radiance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use a one-step cleaner/wax to maximize profits

I agree with Mike. Although my reason for adding a LSP after AIO is because I want a longer lasting LSP. Based on what I know an AIO wax/sealant has a short life span compared to M21.
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Are the products like auto finesse rejuvenate and lusso oro revitalizing creme considered an AIO/cleaner wax? It's my understanding these are more of just a cleaner. It will prep the surface of the paint for a dedicated wax or sealant. No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I started in 2006, and boy! wish I had that article back then. I did EXACTLY like Mike said and even though I've been accused of not learning from my mistakes (married twice!) I did learn quickly that Bubba was thinking I was "mental" for cleaning the brake/gas pedals on a simple wash & wax. I learned quick that busting my butt all day on Saturday for 75 dollars was just stupid.
    The most important thing about detailing is to get inside the head of your customer and find out what they want, then go over what it will take to get there and then try to do just a little bit more to impress him/her at the big reveal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brunkel View Post
    Wouldn't the sealant not bond as well as an AIO topper due to the layer of wax or sealant already left behind from the AIO? I believe that is why some are suggesting a spray wax as it will just boost whats already there. Although I'm thinking you might as well wait till the first maintenance wash to do the spray wax now.
    You should remember that an AIO is not necessarily a wax. We have AIOs which have wax but we also have polymer AIOs. The terminology is such that any given AIO could be either.

The method by which sealants bond is often not fussy on what is on the surface so there is no reason that it would not bond to a wax. The limitation is more likely to be that the wax has a weaker bond to the paint and thus will limit life.

Spray wax - again, use of terminology is such that a spray wax is as likely to be a sealant as it is a wax.

AIOs are limited in their lifetime, compared to pure cleaner wax/sealants (i.e. no abrasives) because the abrasives can absorb the protecting elements and also because the abrasives can form part of the film you form and compromise the integrity, so it is easier to remove.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post

I started in 2006, and boy! wish I had that article back then. I did EXACTLY like Mike said and even though I've been accused of not learning from my mistakes (married twice!) I did learn quickly that Bubba was thinking I was "mental" for cleaning the brake/gas pedals on a simple wash & wax.
    Been there and done that myself when I was younger....

I learned quick that busting my butt all day on Saturday for 75 dollars was just stupid.
    Amen to that! Also been there and done that when I was younger...

The most important thing about detailing is to get inside the head of your customer and find out what they want, then go over what it will take to get there
    EXACTLY! Well said. Also the topic of this article,

A few tips on starting a part-time detailing business
    Match your services to your customer

and then try to do just a little bit more to impress him/her at the big reveal.

And that's called....

Under promising and over delivering....

A great best practice

Post Thanks / Like

Love this thread and it's the second time since it's posting that I've read completely through it. I totally agree with Mike's comments, all of them, in this thread.

That said...

While it's fun to discuss terminology and the differences between an AIO & Cleaner/waxes, let's not get too far off topic that we detract from the original intent of the article/thread...just in case some newbie is reading and needs to learn the importance of...How to use a one-step cleaner/wax to maximize profits.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread. Being that this thread was started in 2012, has there been any "game changing" technology recently by the way of AIO cleaner/waxes that may help reduce time/maximize profits? What are some of the newer offerings that bring something new to the table? Are the XMT360 and D151 still holding their own? Awesome info in here - wow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Love this thread and it's the second time since it's posting that I've read completely through it. I totally agree with Mike's comments, all of them, in this thread.
    [/B]
    Me too, both parts!
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sparkism13 View Post
    Great thread. Being that this thread was started in 2012, has there been any "game changing" technology recently by the way of AIO cleaner/waxes that may help reduce time/maximize profits? What are some of the newer offerings that bring something new to the table? Are the XMT360 and D151 still holding their own? Awesome info in here - wow!
    Just used D151 the other weekend and it corrected very well in just 3 passes and left a great finish! I'd say they're holding their own!

Post Thanks / Like

I really should use mine more often. That looks terrific! I'm another one who undersells and over-works. Most of the cars that come to me would turn around just like that CR-V if I used my D151 but somehow I always end up doing a two-step after a D300 test spot. :headslap:
    Francesco

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast