autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dreaded Electric Pressure Washer

i´m about to get an electric pressure washer too, so wich one is the best pick between Karcher and campbell hausfeld?

or definitely i should go for a gas unit?

Post Thanks / Like

First off, welcome to AG

It saves you money to just get a generator and run an electric PW off of it, because in some cases you may need other supplies for the generator. Thus you spend more $ in gas.

-Electrics are cheaper, more compact, and some are reliable and others aren't (this is the downfall, it's hit or miss... some can last years, others break almost instantly) They don't really exceed 2000 PSI unless you are willing to get into the same price range as a gas powered. You also don't need to worry about using oil, filters, or gas with an electric which is a huge plus.

-Gases are slightly more expensive but can be found for under $300 as well for 2,200-2,500 PSI but generally speaking have better PSI than electrics. They're a little bit bigger than electrics, but are generally a lot more reliable. Only down fall is I hear a lot of problems about draining the tank and oil for winter, some are dead after 1 winters use where they were stowed away.

Home Depot has reliable ones from the reviews I've heard, and Karcher is top notch for the price. I've heard nothing but good about the little Karcher. It's like the economists PW. If you're like me and want to use a PW just to rinse vehicles and loosen dirt, but don't need to hit it hard... I'd look into the Nomad power washer or Karcher. (Nomad) It's a 3.5g 18v wireless electric that comes with a charger pack and 1 yr warranty for only $180, that's what I'll be getting. You can go through 11.5 gallons before you need a new battery, and you can get extra batteries. It's pretty nice for a DD kind of person.

Post Thanks / Like

I went thru three electric PW's in 4 months. Got tired of it so I bought a 12V pump from camping world. It provides enough pressure to simulate my water hose at my house. Pump cost me about $120. The only time I miss the pressure washer is doing floormats. I definetly use much less gas for my generator since I only run it when I'm vacuuming the car. I've also recently switched to ONR for the majority of my cleaning. I've gone from 50 gallons a day to maybe 50 gallons all week to do 20-25 cars.

I will get another electric PW but it will only serve to clean floormats and occasionally a vehicle thats beyond what ONR will safely do.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

After read many reviews, i finally bought a homelite gas unit at HD , i´ll be posting about it next week

Post Thanks / Like

subscribed

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Green Works 1600 psi, and a Generac gas 3200psi with a Honda Motor and the electric is never used. It's a toy in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have a green works 2000psi electric wash and love it. Beats gas powered IMO, no need to have that loud thing. With electric it's on when you press the wand, and off when you release.
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A pressure washer is an important part of every cleaner’s arsenal of tools. A good pressure cleaner is essential to have, you can use it for everything – from exterior wall cleaning (which lots of people overlook but brings quite a lot to the overall home appearance) to patio and driveway washing. We always urge homeowners to do a thorough exterior cleaning before releasing their properties to the market, after all, you have only one chance for a great first impression. Best pressure washer reviews | Buyer's guides and more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrHandWash View Post
    Yes Rasky, I know that later on down the road when I get my trailer I'll get one good when I have better money coming in. I'm only starti ng part time, for like weekends and people I know to spread the word and fliers/business cards.

However, that 'what appears to be a 200+ gallon tank' godzilla of a pressure washer there will not fit in a sonoma, S10, or ranger I will be officially starting in Spring of 2011, i'm just piddle paddling on what supplies to go with for now. I'm going with a small pickup for gas mileage and because it will be my DD as well.
    AND how are you gonna power a 230V unit when on the road?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This may be totally off topic but since you mentioned it....
    I wouldnt worry about having an extra 600-700 pounds in the back of any modern day crew cab truck. Hell, most half ton v8's have a tow rating of over 9k pounds. They have to stop that somehow!
    I can promise brake pads and slotted rotors wont do much of anything. If youre worried about that, get a diesel. Ive had two 400+ pound street bikes in my sierra 1500 and i couldnt even tell they were there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast