autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Name Suggestions and Logo Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by keeotee View Post
    It's not an easy task. But don't be discouraged. Part of the process is eliminating what doesn't work, which ultimately leads to what does work. So you are on the right track.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I think you can attract higher end clients a bit more nonchalantly. We have several detailers on here with very good followings that tend to do mainly higher end vehicles. Maybe Ed with HighEndDetail can help you out with your target audience, or anyone else that caters to high end clients. Its always good to put it out there for some constructive criticism before you commit to a logo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AV8R View Post
    You may also turn off people of color. That name is too close to "white power" and the image is just not flattering.
    I like the White Glove suggestion though.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the White Glove suggestion but that would limit my possibilities as far as a domain name goes. I was thinking about "MAX Detail" "MAX Plus Detail" and my favorite "AndThenSome Auto Detail" what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WCDetail View Post
    I like the White Glove suggestion but that would limit my possibilities as far as a domain name goes. I was thinking about "MAX Detail" "MAX Plus Detail" and my favorite "AndThenSome Auto Detail" what do you think?

Max makes me think that your name must be Max. Honestly, you can do more harm than good by naming a business with some overblown, trendy words. Use the KISS method....
    Premium Auto Detailers
    Premium Auto Detailing by <insert you first name here>
    Dependable Auto Detailing

I'd stay away from words like High End or White Glove...you don't want to alienate people who drive Toyotas or make them think your prices are too high based on your name. You want to be dependable and offer good service.

I have friends with businesses that used similar name templates as I've listed. They're all very successful due to the work they do...the name is a placeholder for your reputation...which you'll earn by doing great work.

Mike Phillips

I'll stick by the suggestions in these two articles...

Business and Promotion

Brand Yourself, Brand your Forum Nickname and Brand your Business Name
    How to choose a name for your detailing business

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Max detail is okay. But I like it better if you added "Auto" in the middle to give people a better idea of what you do. Or try using the full word Maximum or Maximal in the name.

I don't care for MAX plus Detail (if you are already at the Max what is the plus?). I don't like AndThenSome Detail. It just doesn't instill the high end sense of quality that mentioned that you were interested in conveying.

I hope you take my suggestions in the proper light. I don't want you to think anything negative. I am just giving you some constructive feedback. Choosing the name of a business should be fun. Try not to get stressed about it. You will find something that you like and ultimately it's YOUR business and you can name it anything you like.
    Good luck

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok....Thank you all for your suggestions. How about "Town and Country Auto Detail"? I personally think it's a little cliche, but who am I to judge after my initial idea was "white collar"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WCDetail View Post
    Ok....Thank you all for your suggestions. How about "Town and Country Auto Detail"? I personally think it's a little cliche, but who am I to judge after my initial idea was "white collar"?
    Are you near both a town and a country/rural area?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AV8R View Post
    Are you near both a town and a country/rural area?
    Yes, I am in Tomball, TX which is not totally rural and not totally what one wold consider a town or city. It's a combination of both. Tomball is on the outskirts of Houston, but I didn't want to name it Tomball Auto Detail given the fact that there are other towns/cities/areas here next to one another such as "Spring, TX" or "The Woodlands, TX" Basically it's a combination of town and country...

Also, what do you think of the name "Gallant Auto Detail". I just had someone suggest that name, but I think it's a little hard for people to spell/pronounce/type....which could cause some problems...but maybe it's just me...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast