autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink What do you all think of my Website / Business Card?

I present to you...

Clean Image Autos
    Detailing to the Next Level

Index (Clean Image Autos)

My goal here is to deliver maximum content and information with as little of fluff as possible. Also, I don't have a logo yet, but I need to start to get this ball rolling. A logo will be in the future after I establish some business.

Here is my business card design as well.

I'm open to ANY constructive criticism. This is the first website I have designed in about 8 years. The last website I designed was with Geocities and Tripod!!

As for a business card, I LOVE contemporary art, and simple, but effective design. So here is what I have:

Front:

Back:

Thanks all.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you all think of my Website / Business Card?

Also for the record... Each card will be paired with a flyer showing pricing on my initial "marketing rush."

Post Thanks / Like

I understand the concept of the spartan card (clean card...you clean stuff), but not sure I like it. It's forgettable...you need something that will catch someone's eye I think you need a logo..IMHO

Website...

Why did you choose cleanimageautos (plural...with an "S")? My recommendation is to change it to singular tense. Clean Image Auto Detailing or something like that.

get rid of the "Index" header...it's not needed.

Images....images....images...you need images on the splash page. Even one big image, but you need something...obviously a beautifully detailed high end car would be cliche', but still better than a gradient background.

Lose the "Customer Feedback" page until you actually have some feedback to put there...or make some up...seriously....

Set your footer height to the same for each page

Get rid of the "available after 5:30" stuff on the contact page. Use a cell number or get a google voice number and have a business voice mail message. "Thank you for calling Clean Image Auto Detailing. We're not available right now, but if you'll leave a message with your contact information we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Please visit Index (Clean Image Autos) if you'd like to see our current specials or if you'd like to learn more about Clean Image Auto Detailing. Thank you for calling Clean Image Auto Detailing" Don't add the usual "Have a great day" or whatever....it's a business...make it sound like you're serious about it.

Photos....you need before and afters, IMO. How can I tell how good you are when you aren't showing me what it looked like before you worked on it?

Fix your formatting in the table on the whycia page

Just my opinion...worth what you paid for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Why not use wordpress for your site. I'll help ya if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I also think the card is somewhat forgettable. The white space in the center seems a waste and begs for something. I think you could find a simple profile type (single pen stroke drawing) that would fit perfectly but maintain the simplicity.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fellas,

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I really appreciate it. Please consider that I have zero experience designing graphics/logos/etc and my website experience isn't so hot. I found competitor's (other mobile detailer) websites in my area and I personally feel this basic design is much more clearer than theirs.

With that being said, I know there is definite room for improvement, and plan to do so as I get more experienced!

The photos (before/afters) has been a huge issue I am trying to tackle. I did a customer's car tonight, but forgot my camera. It was a really neglected car too so it would have been perfect, but I missed that opportunity. However, I do have two more cars I am doing next weekend in that same neighborhood! So I must be doing something right! Photos next time will be top priority.

Thanks again for your comments!

John

Post Thanks / Like

I need more photos like this. I didn't have much time tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely too much white space on the front of that card. Good tips above but if you don't add a logo you must certainly move the top text down and the bottom text up. I like clean but balance is everything.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at your web site again. The home page needs something to say what you are out. I really like Troy Armstrong's web site.

Armstrong Detailing - The Finest Mobile Auto Detailing in Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice

His opening page describes his business and the area he serves. You say Louisville but I think mention the counties or region served helps...serving the greater Louisville area.

You do not have to do the videos on the home page. The white text works on a black background because the text is larger. On your site, the text is too small. People need to be able to read it easily.

Also, get some better pictures. If you look at Troy's web site, the pics look more like beauty shots (focus, composition, saturated color, etc). You need to have some pic of a nicely detailed car on your home page.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I looked at your web site again. The home page needs something to say what you are out. I really like Troy Armstrong's web site.

Armstrong Detailing - The Finest Mobile Auto Detailing in Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice

His opening page describes his business and the area he serves. You say Louisville but I think mention the counties or region served helps...serving the greater Louisville area.

You do not have to do the videos on the home page. The white text works on a black background because the text is larger. On your site, the text is too small. People need to be able to read it easily.

Also, get some better pictures. If you look at Troy's web site, the pics look more like beauty shots (focus, composition, saturated color, etc). You need to have some pic of a nicely detailed car on your home page.
    This is terrific advice!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast