autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not getting customers

Over the years, I realized that I could only reduce my prices once I increased my efficacy. That takes a lot completed jobs, thinking outside of the box in terms of ability and profitability while doing each job. In other words, what is the reality of each situation? How discerning is the eye of each client? How can I produce the look that will more than please the eye of a guy or gal who just sees a clean interior and a shiny paint job. The reality of things in the largest market percentage is that it doesn't take much time at all to accomplish the results that will please their eyes. Add a little social charisma and a professional mindset and you pretty much just earned some decent respect concerning your demeanor in general, your professional behavior and the fact that you can provide an acceptable service at an acceptable price point.

A great friend once told me, "Dave, there are a lot more hundred dollar bills out there than there are five hundred dollar bills." If a prospective client is holding a $500 bill, you'll need a crowbar to pry it out of their hands. The prying in itself takes too much time in terms of what my time is worth to me.

On the other hand if they're holding a $100 bill, I can typically show them a few before and after photos of a quick one step with a basic interior vac and wipedown, combined with the pitch of the $500 job and most gladly let go of that hundred dollar bill. Key is, you need to be able to produce acceptable visual results in a very short amount of time to be profitable. The $100 deal is very basic. All other services need to be an upsell. Of course all of this will differ from one detailer to the next, dependent on their ability to toss OCD out the window before ever doing the visual inspection and his or her ability to see past the coating of road scum.

The $100 deal needs to be an absolute cookie cutter approach, with the mindset that you don't fix anything that's not broken.

There are a lot of dues to pay before one can match their abilities to this mindset.

In terms of how to get the clients through the door, one has to adopt a very tenacious sales mindset, coupled with great visual sales material and sell it to anyone you see who owns a vehicle, anywhere and everywhere you go. Stop thinking the part and start living the part. I don't know about you, but I typically have way too many errands to run on a daily basis. Everywhere I have to go, if I didn't target everyone there, I've lost prospective opportunity. You can't be worried about being annoying while pounding Tha pavement, calling on any business or private party you encounter with your sales material. If they appear to be too busy to be bothered, just hand your packet to them and move along. Time is money and your packet needs to speak for itself so that you can cover maximum territory in a minimum amount of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not getting customers

Good luck to you man, I hope things change for you! I like the mobile route myself, and if I didn't get snagged up by my friend at his new location that's what I would've done. People will be very attracted to the convenience, and possibly pay more for that. I would.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345