autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got a little anxiety going on here lol need advice for possible first paying job.

Quote Originally Posted by yak0924 View Post
    Congrats on Saying No! I Might Wash a Burban for 65 for somebody i Know.
    Don't feel Bad about Not getting the Job You'll Get plenty More. It's All part Of the Game.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Very true. Kinda hoped that would start a chain reaction.

I am in the process of trying to get a website set right now .. messing with CSS... not fun.

I am not sure how about to get more people. I can post on facebook .. but I doubt that anyone there is going to go for it .. bunch of cheap asses lol

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got a little anxiety going on here lol need advice for possible first paying job.

95% Of People Out there Are cheap Or Just Don't care about their cars.
    Best way To start Is Tell All Your friends To Tell their friends. Get a web site and business cards made Up. Lots Of cards. Ask Local businesses If you Can Leave Them. Drive Around parking lots put cards on cars. Even walk through the neighborhood Leave cards In peoples mailboxes and Car windows. It's Not hard Just takes time But It's Also Free. Also Make a decent card Not somethimg That feels like Junk.

Post Thanks / Like

Always do quality work [that shouldn't be too hard]
    The best feeling is when you do quality work for someone who actually knows what it is and appreciates it.

Plus they're sure to let other like minded people with nice rides know about your work. Your goal is to build a stack of quality customers who love your work and recognize the value of having you maintain their vehicles. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yak0924 View Post
    95% Of People Out there Are cheap Or Just Don't care about their cars.
    Best way To start Is Tell All Your friends To Tell their friends. Get a web site and business cards made Up. Lots Of cards. Ask Local businesses If you Can Leave Them. Drive Around parking lots put cards on cars. Even walk through the neighborhood Leave cards In peoples mailboxes and Car windows. It's Not hard Just takes time But It's Also Free. Also Make a decent card Not somethimg That feels like Junk.

Good idea. I was looking at business cards today. I am gonna have to make some .. and I am working on that site right now. Wordpress suuucks. But its coming along I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Always do quality work [that shouldn't be too hard]
    The best feeling is when you do quality work for someone who actually knows what it is and appreciates it.

Plus they're sure to let other like minded people with nice rides know about your work. Your goal is to build a stack of quality customers who love your work and recognize the value of having you maintain their vehicles. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
    see that right there is how I almost got this one. I did my girlfriends friends car .. well her friends brother in law saw it and said it looked brand new again.. thats how they got ahold of me ... I was hoping to keep that going .. but not for 65 or less for a suburban!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel bad about not doing a days work for $65. If they have someone to do it for that why are they bothering you ? Answer is obviously the work on your girlfriends car looked better than what they normally get back. So they throw out the competitive price and think you will match it. Nope doesn't work that way

I don't detail for a loving but i have told many people over the years "I will probably not be the cheapest" but it will be done and likely quicker turn around than the next place that's gonna save you a buck

In business there is always someone willing to charge less. They may not have a dollar to their name. So $65 dollars may make all the difference in the world instead of sitting around with $0. Not worth going to someone else's level to lose money.

The business will come the places that charge very low flat rate details are using several 8-10 dollar an hour guys with no passion no previous experience and typically low dollar production products

This is production detailing. Wash with floor broom looking brush dry with a chamois maybe clay if terrible on an old piece of used clay that should have been thrown away 200 cars ago get interior worked over by a couple people at once. Run some heavy filling wax product on it, spray some tire juice on wheels, spray paint the wheel wells so you don't have to really clean them etc

You just have to sell your service as luxe or you are a car guy by yourself not a group of workers just trying to get to the next car and good enough is good enough. You are on the next level.

Don't sell yourself short. Most people's work on here is amazing ! I'm sure you got the passion and skill set to set yourself apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345