autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Price for ONR wash

Hey all

I am setting up my price list for my detailing. As my knowledge grows so will what I offer. This is what I offer right now

inside

vacuum
    wipe thoroughly (I use pinnacle)
    Condition leather (if vehicle has leather)
    wipe down door jams (includes truck and hood)

outside

hand wash with ONR (two bucket method)
    treat the glass with pinnacle
    clean wheels and tires with meguiar's

What would you guys charge for this? (Im north of atlanta)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Price for ONR wash

Can't really comment on what to charge, I google detailing price menu and or service and work from there, my advice would be always price high but offer a lower rate or discount (ad or coupon), seem much easier to have high rates listed rather the low rates and go up on prices months later. if price is on your menu are high and you ad a coupon for $10.00 off people seem to be attracted more rather then seeing a $50.00 price and they say john over two blocks charges only $35.00 for this same service. plus if you use lower rates you may have to pay more to have prices increased on ad months later(by printing service company), so have printed ad with high rates and add a small print out discount card stapled to flyer

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VortexDetailer View Post
    Hey all

I am setting up my price list for my detailing. As my knowledge grows so will what I offer. This is what I offer right now

inside

vacuum
    wipe thoroughly (I use pinnacle)
    Condition leather (if vehicle has leather)
    wipe down door jams (includes truck and hood)

outside

hand wash with ONR (two bucket method)
    treat the glass with pinnacle
    clean wheels and tires with meguiar's

What would you guys charge for this? (Im north of atlanta)
    Nobody can tell you what to charge but your self.

If you are mobile, and a guy has a 4 cylinder ford ranger, and you have a v10 excursion, and have to go 30 miles, the guy with the 4 cylinder can get there on 1 gallon of gas, and you will need 3. do you get where im going with this?

A shop overhead in new york city is going to be 5x more than the average shop so naturally that detailer in NYC has to charge more to cover overhead and provide for his family.

too many factors can come into play when it comes to charging for detailing, someone might tell you one price and do not know that your traveling 30 miles and you truck gets 9mpg. (scenario)

Decide what your time is worth, the cost of products, your overhead, cost of fuel, take all of that into consideration and come up with a number that you need to make a profit.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot to factor in when setting your prices.
    Here are some things to keep in mind.

- Budget Detailing:
    Based on your OP, it sounds like you are trying to offer a service that is budget oriented for the customer, and time and cost effective for your business.
    Driving all over town for $25 dollar (just throwing out a number) car washes is just chasing the low hanging fruit.
    At that point you are competing with all the drive by detailers and the AutoBell's of the world.
    You are more likely to lose money than make money with this approach.

- Mobile or Shop:
    A shop location is more suitable for offering lower budget services.
    While this is a detailed wash you will be offering, the customer may just see it as a wash.
    So, if you are mobile, consider only offering basic washes as maintenance details, to follow higher priced detail packages.

- Consider this:
    Take the package service you described in your OP, and add a Clay and Wax to it.
    So now it is a Wash, Clay, and Wax with a complimentary interior clean.
    This package is easily worth $125 minimum, and makes it worth your time as a mobile detailer.
    Also means you do not have to rush to get it done so quickly, as to maximize your dollar per hour ratio.
    You can relax a little bit, and still maximize your profit.

__________________________________________________ _________________-

A few more things to think about.........

- Size and condition of the vehicle.
    These are the two main factors when quoting a customer a final price.
    So make sure to add this in a stated disclaimer to any service offered by your business.
    So, when you display your services and the prices for each, make sure you do not put yourself in a situation you may regret.
    This by taking on a vehicle where the condition is far worse than the service being contracted can address.

- Customers:
    Customers are always looking for a bargain, and most really have no idea what a detail is.
    Customers will try to get a pound's worth of work for the price of an ounce.
    So, don't sell yourself short trying to gain business.

- Negotiations:
    Some customers do know a thing about detailing, and try to get much more for much for less, similar to dealership work.
    Customers will try to get a pound's worth of work for the price of an ounce.
    It is not impossible for a customer to select a basic service, and then you the detailer spend all day on the vehicle because the condition is that bad.
    You try to be the good guy, over deliver, and make the customer happy.
    What really happens is you just get hustled.