autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: how much would you charge???? just curious

My brother in law always seems to get caught up in everyone else's nightmares....including mine. When he was on vacation, I brought his truck over and gave it a full exterior winter prep. Finished wash, clay, seal and wax, and returned it to his garage. It was a nice surprise when he got home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    My brother in law always seems to get caught up in everyone else's nightmares....including mine. When he was on vacation, I brought his truck over and gave it a full exterior winter prep. Finished wash, clay, seal and wax, and returned it to his garage. It was a nice surprise when he got home.
    Nice!!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

You're a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stegs View Post
    yes that seems about right! i dont do full details, just washes, and some vac interiors and a wipe of the dash and door panels

Maybe i should charge this

hand wash and dry (including spray wax) is $30. (this is thru the foam cannon)
    add wheel and tire cleaner $5 dollars

vac and interior wipe down $10 dollars

windows 5 dollars

everything listed 50 bucks.

out of line?
    One price for all just won't work. Your pricing may be fine for a compact but what about a Suburban and all those in between the two extremes? Depending on your area fifty bucks for a simple wash, vac,& spray wax might be appropriate or might leave you with no customers at all.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

That is key "depending on YOUR area" , great thought.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

great great info again guy. I think what im going to do (in any of them ever ask) is just say i dont mind doing the work, but my materials are not "autozone specials" i use good products and need to be reimbursed some for what i do....

If they say they dont want to pay, thats ok. If they say im fine with that....then ill give them my prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Relax, I'm sure you're part of the $10-15 off crowd... Suddenly it's not so bad eh?how much would you charge???? just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I give no discounts at all .Doing this full time for years I have calls everday,so here is my price if you don't like it I have 10 other people that pay my going rate.I'm very selective in customer conversations I can tell in 3 minutes where there at as what they want to pay.I had a city employee ask me the other day how much to detail his car,I simply said you don't want to pay my prices.He said why I said I'm more of high end reconditioning company he said OK thank you.I don't waste time for tire kickers .As of this year moving from cars to planes more money involved the car thing is to cut throat.Today working on a one seater glider prop plane 500.00 and I will be done at 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I give no discounts at all .Doing this full time for years I have calls everday,so here is my price if you don't like it I have 10 other people that pay my going rate.I'm very selective in customer conversations I can tell in 3 minutes where there at as what they want to pay.I had a city employee ask me the other day how much to detail his car,I simply said you don't want to pay my prices.He said why I said I'm more of high end reconditioning company he said OK thank you.I don't waste time for tire kickers .As of this year moving from cars to planes more money involved the car thing is to cut throat.Today working on a one seater glider prop plane 500.00 and I will be done at 1.
    No it was a joke... I meant Bill1234 is going to consider you 1 of his cool people and give you a $15 discount off his $130 wash.

Sent from my iPhone

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345