autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Removing Seat's and Carpet. .

Does anyone here do full interior details that include removal of all trim,seats and carpet. If you do or had to what would you charge? 95% of all my work is for small car lots. I do the work in my shop 9 out of 10 cars that we do are full interior removals and usually includes a 2 or 3 step paint correction. I am located in North East Ga. ENVY AUTO-SPA Lavonia Ga.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing Seat's and Carpet. .

Never in my career up in till last year the guy removed the seats in a old bmw and left the carpet in.what kind of a price are people willing to pay for that service the answer is zero.car dealers may request that but in the end you are gonna loose.

Post Thanks / Like

You're wasting your time, especially at a used car lot. If you do cars with airbags in the seat some require scan tools to disable and re install. Unless you're in the $800-$1000 a car range, no way

Post Thanks / Like

How much do you charge the car dealer to remove the entire interior and clean? I cant imagine he/she could ever recoupe that cost. Unless you are doing it for peanuts.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Never in my career up in till last year the guy removed the seats in a old bmw and left the carpet in.what kind of a price are people willing to pay for that service the answer is zero.car dealers may request that but in the end you are gonna loose.
    Not true. Exclusive touch auto detail based in california regularly removes the seats to do full interiors. If the car is easy enough to work with, and the detailer has the skill, its not particularly difficult. If you're working with another person and working efficiently, it allows for a much improved interior as opposed to leaving the seats in. Its not anywhere close to quick, but for some people, it is work the extra cost.

For the very fact that this small lot is requesting this service as well as a 2 or 3 step correction, it tells me they are willing to pay more for the extra steps. I would double my interior price for the extra effort, at minimum.

Post Thanks / Like

They have to be an extreme rat hole of a car for such a service.only make sense to replace the carpet if your deep into that.I would never get myself involved in a situation like that.your gonna clean it one day,the next day it's gonna wick and smell terrible.Thats truly a 80 hr job to clean and remove and install seats makes no sense unless there working for cheap or heavey volume from a dealer that's keepin the lights on.cheaper to replace carpet.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

$300 per car. Two employees sometimes working together sometimes not. Pressure wash carpets and seats. Usually 3-4 day turn around time. 8-10 cars a week.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a good base solid steady income from a dealer,but just a lot of work besides having to do the exterior as well.If you mix in retail with all that I would say not bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably right. I know dealers will low ball on these kinds of jobs but it does seem like something that isn't worth the time.

Post Thanks / Like

You also have the liability issue if you mess something up or the car is in an accident and the seats break away or related issue. Kevin Davis @Detailers Helper made a YouTube video about seat removal. Since he is a forum member maybe he will chime in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast