autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much $$$ for detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
    Or if you have a older DD, have him detail it. And study his work. If you ever have a client say how "this detailer only charges X amount" you can respond Nicely saying I've seen his work and it's not in the same league👍

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patricemougeot View Post
    Well to be honest RangerDetails he won't last long charging that price. I would pay good money to have a look at the jobs he does. We will see how that plays out.
    Yeah, I bet they will jack up their prices next summer. Those prices are a disservice to all detailers in the area. They establish a standard that is ridiculous and makes it hard for us to charge the right amount to customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patricemougeot View Post
    Hi RangerDetails. Well I want to stand out as I see a few detailers in our area that don't go the extra mile. I want to specialize myself in paint correction. I am not mobile and don't think I will be either as I prefer clients to bring me their car in my garage. I can work from the safety of my home and give them my full attention and 100%.

I will give you an example.

Client bring his full size truck. It needs a wash (2 bucket system), it needs to be clayed (Nanoskin 2 step), then I see we have swirls and some RIDS, the I polish and wax.

Would it be safe to say that this would take me around between 7-10 hours to complete? If so, would 500$-600$ be suitable or would it be too much?
    IMO customers look at detailing very different than what a detailer does. I seriously doubt your client will pony up $500-$600 for the work. I agree give the customer what they want. Most trucks are not show cars. I'd recommend cutting your time in half and price accordingly. Paint correction is rewarding, most just want clean and shiney. Remember you can clay and polish making it look 80-90% better and most likely accomplish the task. Bottom line if figure out your time to do the work and set an estimate accordingly but don't over deliver ruining your profit. Just do what you both agree to do with perhaps a little extra thrown in that the client will appreciate.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post
    IMO customers look at detailing very different than what a detailer does. I seriously doubt your client will pony up $500-$600 for the work. I agree give the customer what they want. Most trucks are not show cars. I'd recommend cutting your time in half and price accordingly. Paint correction is rewarding, most just want clean and shiney. Remember you can clay and polish making it look 80-90% better and most likely accomplish the task. Bottom line if figure out your time to do the work and set an estimate accordingly but don't over deliver ruining your profit. Just do what you both agree to do with perhaps a little extra thrown in that the client will appreciate.
    This is true, 99% of the time truck owners are super happy with an AIO. They'll take it the next weekend camping and scratch it up.
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anybody steer me to the thread where Mike offered suggestions on setting up a mobile wash and production detail route
    any help would be greatly appreciated I can't find it

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 packages and usually add $100 more for the exterior of a van or SUV but all my quotes include verbiage that states the exact costs could vary based on inspection of the vehicle at the time of drop off. I state that for all vehicles.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    always if you can,do a section sample on the driver side.That will help tremendously when quoting a job.Detailing is educational when it comes to the public,they simply just don't know what it takes to do the job right.I always do a sample spot then hit them with the price.never give quotes over the phone.people will never mention the true condition of there car.ask them if you can come by to look at it,then do a sample and most of all there buying into you.If they call and they are trying to pull a estimate out of you then there looking for pricing not value.
    after reading this an image of a small hand held battery powered polisher popped in my head, with me standing there looking over the car and listening to the clients needs and then I do a quick test spot and how them the difference really fast with my hand held polisher and they were sold from just the small improvement with the hand held.

Post Thanks / Like

how muc do u charge for wheel coating/seal is it per wheel or the set? also how much?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12