autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pro Detailer Wanted in Wayland, Boston area - Single stage paint 1953 Jaguar project

What about Unique Car Care. Rick does an excellent job.

Mike Phillips

Re: Pro Detailer Wanted in Wayland, Boston area - Single stage paint 1953 Jaguar project

Hey everyone...

Just to make sure everyone is clear about the request

The owner of this car researched how to restore and maintain antique single stage paint and found and then read my article here,

The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

As far as I know I have the only article like this in the world and on the Interweb and anyone that has one similar I'll guarantee you it was written after mine and more than likely is a copy with a few things changed. So this isn't a request for a pro detailer... it's a request for a pro detailer that knows how to use #7 and work on antique paint. It's not that hard of thing to do in fact we did it again last night to a 1972 Corvette with the original single stage paint BUT you must own some #7 and it be logical that if you have not ever done the #7 Rub Down that you would read this article.

The #7 Rub Down Technique by Mike Phillips

Here's what this process can do to neglected antique original single stage paint.

The owner says the paint on his car is actually in pretty good shape so I don't expect there to be a major or dramatic before and after difference the key reason for doing this is to gorge the old paint with the TS oils in #7 as a preservation step as well as to bring out the full richness of color in the pigments. Then seal the surface with a high quality finishing wax.

Thank you to the people that have replied so far. It's my practice to do two things when I get phone calls and e-mails from people asking for help with their cars.

1: Help the person get what they want.

2: Help my fellow detailer and forum member by referring them quality work.

If you read this forum enough you'll see I'm always posting threads like this, that is,

Pro Detailer wanted in blank, blank

So if after reading the above you feel you are qualified to get a bottle of #7 and do the #7 rub down on this guys car then reply to this thread and somehow I'll pick one person and go with it.

Like Bill O'Reilly, I try to be fair and balanced.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Do you happen to have a thread dedicated to that Cadillac?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection View Post

Its been awhile to be honest. Last "antique" single stage job I did was this SL Mercedes. We didn't have time to do the #7 rub down.

1988 Mercedes SL560 revived

You did a great restoring the original paint on that old Mercedes.

I trust that both you and Jim Goguen are capable of doing the work. Since you replied first I'll send the owner your contact information. If you don't own any #7 you'll need to get some and I'm confident you can do the application as it's simply just massaging the product over the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    You did a great restoring the original paint on that old Mercedes.

I trust that both you and Jim Goguen are capable of doing the work. Since you replied first I'll send the owner your contact information. If you don't own any #7 you'll need to get some and I'm confident you can do the application as it's simply just massaging the product over the paint.

Just saw this. Thanks Mike!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12