autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to approach businesses for waterless washes

I do this and I use Pinnacle's Waterless Concentrate with Carnauba (1:32). Best bang for your buck and quite honestly the wax is one of the best you can find in a spray form. I carry very few products. Just my waterless, window cleaner, APC, and tire dressing. My core 4. Literally all you need to clean a car. Of course I have a few other accessory products like gum/tar solvent, compound (literally any brand will do), leather conditioner, sealant, clay mitt, (fill in whatever you need for upsells).

When I started, I focused heavily on the water saving concept. While it appeals to some. Your customers just want a clean car. They really couldn't care less how you wash it. 99.9% of your customers/population will not care about swirls, nor will they even know what they are. All they see is a clean car. Now what I focus on is specials that will attract different people on a monthly/holiday basis. I could tell you step by step how to do everything, but that would be no fun. You have the right idea. And everyone has great ideas. All you need to do is execute and not wait on our or anyone's approval to start doing it. Go walk in to a few places and test your mouth piece. When I started, I walked into at least 10 new business per day for several weeks consistently. 6 months later, I have 9 lots that I visit on a schedule that has every single weekday booked, and so many more lots are now circling back to me, interested to have me set up. Just go do it. Follow up relentlessly. You don't need much more than a smile and a positive attitude. In my quest, I have ran into several solo car washers/detailers with nothing more than a willingness to work and a vehicle with their supplies (no website, no menu, probably not even legal papers lol jk not really).

As far as price goes. Everyone's suggestions on here are simply suggestions based on their personal experiences. I will say nothing about your price, because who knows, it might just work for you. It will be up to you to test and adjust. I've changed my menu 3x since I've started in January. Constantly changing, reinventing, to bring in new customers looking for different solutions. There will never be a set it once and forget it menu. This will be ever changing to attract different target markets.

Now go get in front of some people champ and stop trying to digest everyone's opinions on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to approach businesses for waterless washes

Thanks for the motivational talk Willy and glad to hear that consistent effort you've put in has paid off!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345