autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How to do a rinseless wheel wash

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to do a rinseless wheel wash

Nice video.
    It is interesting to see so many different approaches to do things on this forum.
    I like your Blaster Side Kick.

Question:
    How would you compare Meg's Super Degreaser to products such as Simple Green, Purple Power, etc....?

Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried simple or purple. I know they are easily available locally so that's a plus. I actually just bought 5 gallons of Stoners degreaser and it's comparable to the Meg's stuff, only much cheaper. Neither smell good per say but the Meg's is a more preferable scent while the stoners just has a strong chemical odor. The both dilute the same which is a must when using a lot. I don't think your supposed to dilute the green or purple so the cost efficiency really isn't there for me.

www.JaxDetails.com
    www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
    I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweatthedetails View Post
    I've never tried simple or purple. I know they are easily available locally so that's a plus. I actually just bought 5 gallons of Stoners degreaser and it's comparable to the Meg's stuff, only much cheaper. Neither smell good per say but the Meg's is a more preferable scent while the stoners just has a strong chemical odor. The both dilute the same which is a must when using a lot. I don't think your supposed to dilute the green or purple so the cost efficiency really isn't there for me.

Jacksonville Auto Detailing - Home
    Purple Power actually does dilute, but different ratios for each task as specified on bottle.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the vid. I'll have to contact you soon about having some detail work done on my wifes car. Where in Jax are you located?

Post Thanks / Like

When I clean my wheels I always do the barrels too. You charge extra to clean the barrels? I consider it part of the wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

www.JaxDetails.com
    Simple green does dilute down and it does an okay job for me but not better than megs all purpose.

wasodetail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    When I clean my wheels I always do the barrels too. You charge extra to clean the barrels? I consider it part of the wheel.
    Wheel barrels are always extra unless it's a brand new car

wasodetail

Post Thanks / Like

How to do a rinseless wheel wash

I'm on the Westside. As for the barrels it's really a case by case matter. I build my packages based on an expectation of pay by hour. I never use the term "full detail" or "all inclusive" because these can mean different things to different people. My packages include the most popular items that people look for in a clean car. I know how long it will take me to do these packages on average. If the wheels are maintained to a degree then it will not take much longer to clean them. But if they have years of baked on crude that will add an extra 15 minutes a piece then yes I will need to charge for that hour. I could build that expense into my packages but wheel barrels being clean is not something my average client is really interested in.

www.JaxDetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on the Westside. As for the barrels it's really a case by case matter. I build my packages based on an expectation of pay by hour. I never use the term "full detail" or "all inclusive" because these can mean different things to different people. My packages include the most popular items that people look for in a cleanup car. I know how long it will take me to do these packages on average. If the wheels are maintained to a degree then it will not take much longer to clean them. But if they have years of baked on crude that will add an extra 15 minutes a piece then yes I will need to charge for that hour. I could build that expense into my packages but wheel barrels being clean is not something my average client is really interested in.

Jacksonville Auto Detailing - Home
    Fair enough, thanks for explaining