autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

Quote Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
    Q: I've heard that because of 845's high solvent content that it often strips whatever is underneath. Can anyone comment on what will survive an application of 845?

I was thinking of putting a layer of Poorboy Black Hole or similar under 845 in the spring.

thanks,
    The tech sheet from their website says "Contains no abrasives or cleaners". Seems like the majority use it as a topper with great results. I put it over Blackfire Wet Diamond and it looks great.

2010 Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
    Q: I've heard that because of 845's high solvent content that it often strips whatever is underneath. Can anyone comment on what will survive an application of 845?

I was thinking of putting a layer of Poorboy Black Hole or similar under 845 in the spring.

thanks,
    I've used it over PBBH with no issues on my black car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    I've used it over PBBH with no issues on my black car.
    I wonder if the average person, such as myself, would be able to tell if the prior product was removed, or mixed in, with the last?

2010 Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Collinite 845 several times already and the article is dead on. It took a couple of uses and reading on AG to figure out that the bottle needed to be heated up beofre shaking. I shook it for a long time and still had lumps the first couple of uses. Changing leds was also a big improvement.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by van185 View Post
    I have used the Collinite 845 several times already and the article is dead on. It took a couple of uses and reading on AG to figure out that the bottle needed to be heated up beofre shaking. I shook it for a long time and still had lumps the first couple of uses. Changing leds was also a big improvement.
    If you haven't already, try it on your wheels too.

Post Thanks / Like

nice writeup on this fine product!!

I've been using 845 for years on my our daily drivers, but also use 845 on my boat and '68 Mustang, all with fantastic results!!

And yes, the 845 should hold up to a Michigan winter. I live in NE Ohio where winters are brutal and road salt usage in extreme, and 845 beads up just fine til it's warm enough to reapply in Spring. I run my truck thru an automatic car wash once a week all winter, and have been asked several times in late winter by the car wash people just what the heck kind of wax I use since my truck still beads up great and everybody else's vehicle looks completely neglected.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got my bottle in today. I bought it last weekend during the 3 hour sales. Imagine my surprise when I took the top off the bottle and saw it all clumped up. This was the first thread that I found that explained the product well and what I was seeing. I will be using it on my wifes black H3 and my black 70 corvette that is in my avatar over the next set of holidays, Christmas and New Years. I gotta get me a set of those Lake Country pads to use like Nick mentions. Her hummer is in need of some WORK!! The 70 was painted about 6 or 7 years ago and still looks awesome. All I have done to it is just wash and dry it. No detailing, no waxing.

Post Thanks / Like

I just recieved my #845 and to be honest, I had already read this thread beforehand.....if not I would've had been freaking out when I recieved that bottle of clumpness today.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will not be disappointed.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

opie_7afe

i found something interesting about 845, i was experimenting and i took some mineral spirits and mixed it with the 845. results? no matter what temp it is its like a normal liquid wax and if you apply it too thick it comes off just like it was applied thinly. took one of my 2oz sample bottles and made the mix...works pretty good. i mainly use my 2oz bottles for collinite anyways reason 1 is you dont use much of it. reason 2 is you can keep it in your pocket and it wont thicken up easily, much easier then filling up a bucket with hot water or setting it in the sun, i just put it in my pocket when im washing and stuff and by the time im ready to use its perfectly liquid...

11. Likes 1500canoe liked this post
Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast