autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to try 845 on a tangerine pad and a pc. I have always used a foam app with great results.

Learn something new everyday !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Maybe Collinite will see this thread and change the cap.
    Discussed this with Pat @ Collinite once. He didn't elaborate but said there was a very specific reason why they don't use flip-tops. A few days later I got some flip-tops in the mail from him. I'm betting every used bottle of 845 laying around there shop has 'em too.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

I had a bottle sent from THE GEEK with my last order. I plan on trying it out on either My Sisters Tribute or My Brother in law's Escape. Maybe both? Mine came chunky like the one pictured. I did try a small section on my honda's hood w/o letting it become thinner. It WAS difficult to work with. Beading was good, as was the shine. I'll write a review when I try it.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been shopping for a new wax and looks like Collinite 845 is the one. Before I place my order, I have a question for ya Nick. You mentioned some attach a sprayer to the 845 bottle and spray directly onto their pad. You said you've tried it and didn't care for that method. Is there a reason?

Spraying Collinite 845 directly your pad sounds like a pretty good idea because your pad has wax evenly spread out on the pad and you would use less product.

One more thing, does Collinite 845 get thick again and look like it does when you first received it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
    One more thing, does Collinite 845 get thick again and look like it does when you first received it?

Yes

Post Thanks / Like

I've been shopping for a new wax and looks like Collinite 845 is the one. Before I place my order, I have a question for ya Nick. You mentioned some attach a sprayer to the 845 bottle and spray directly onto their pad. You said you've tried it and didn't care for that method. Is there a reason?

Spraying Collinite 845 directly your pad sounds like a pretty good idea because your pad has wax evenly spread out on the pad and you would use less product.

For me at least, the problem I had when I used a sprayer head with 845 was that the sprayer got clogged up after a while - and you can't really shake the product that's in the sprayer line . Probably should have evacuated it before storing, but well... And I supposed that also answers the question as to whether it thickens up again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    For me at least, the problem I had when I used a sprayer head with 845 was that the sprayer got clogged up after a while - and you can't really shake the product that's in the sprayer line . Probably should have evacuated it before storing, but well... And I supposed that also answers the question as to whether it thickens up again
    Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Yes
    That's the cool thing about this forum, you can ask people with experience. A squeeze bottle it is.
    Thanks for your help.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    Exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Maybe Collinite will see this thread and change the cap.
    Don't think so, reference FAQ # 18.

FAQs » Collinite

TL

Post Thanks / Like

TL,
    Thanks for the link. I hadn't visited Collinite's website in quite some time and I see now that it has been completely updated. There was an interesting common thread in all the Collinite product tech sheets; They recommend applying to a 2X2 or 3X3 ft area, depending on the product, and removing as soon as it starts to haze. Following this procedure may possibly eliminate some of the complaints often posted about Collinite's difficulty in removal.
    If you're a Collinite user, or just curious, you'll find a trip to their site interesting.
    Collinite Auto, Marine and Industrial Wax Products Official Site » Collinite

Bill

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast