autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Remove the glare from where you stare

Can this process be used if there's a tint installed?

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered a bottle.

I never really gave glass polishing much thought because they don't ever really get nasty.
    I have hit them with polish before but not a specific glass polish.

Using Invinsible Glass on the interior aftermarket tint works great.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

What a transformation Mike! Doesn't look like there is a windshield in the truck.

Wife has been after me to clean the inside of the front window. I think its time I get it polished.

Thanks for sharing.
    Better clean the inside windows and keep the wife happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ShineDoc View Post

Damn Mike, that is truly amazing. Thanks a bunch for coming into to work early. I don't have any of Griots but I have CarPro's CeriGlass. I am going to try this today.
    CarPro's CeriGlass will work the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

Wow, great 50/50 demo!
    Thanks Mike. Pain to photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection View Post

Awesome Mike! That's a great tip!
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post

Excellent info Mike. I've wondered what the next step in interior glass cleaning was.
    It's the polish - a creamy substance, mixing with the icky stuff on the glass and then absorbing it into itself and then wiping the entire mess off that is the secret.

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

WOW!

Wish this was posted a few days ago so I could have added it to my already un-needed order from Cyber Monday LOL.
    That's funny...

Quote Originally Posted by RatZ1LLa View Post

Mike, would Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish be a good candidate to get the same result as above?
    Might. What I wrote about was when a person runs into stubborn film where traditional spray-on glass cleaners were NOT working. So asking is a traditional spray-on glass cleaner will work kind of doesn't fit the scenario I presented but sure, go ahead and try. If you still have stubborn film that your fighting to get off then try this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchoi View Post

Can this process be used if there's a tint installed?
    No and absolutely NO.

This glass polish, like all the glass polishes I know of and have used have some form of abrasive technology and the abrasive technology would probably scratch the hell out of the soft, malleable plastic.

Thanks for asking the question.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post

Just ordered a bottle.

I never really gave glass polishing much thought because they don't ever really get nasty.

I have hit them with polish before but not a specific glass polish.

Using Invisible Glass on the interior aftermarket tint works great.

Agree. Stick with spray-on glass cleaners without ammonia for interior tinted windows.

4. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Might. What I wrote about was when a person runs into stubborn film where traditional spray-on glass cleaners were NOT working. So asking is a traditional spray-on glass cleaner will work kind of doesn't fit the scenario I presented but sure, go ahead and try. If you still have stubborn film that your fighting to get off then try this approach.
    Mike, I was referencing this product: Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish polishes and restores auto glass windshields and windows.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Mike,

My jaw is still in the floor from those jaw dropping photos.

Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

WOW!

Wish this was posted a few days ago so I could have added it to my already un-needed order from Cyber Monday LOL.
    +1.....

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not the intended subject, but the photography skills is what really impressed me in this article. My wife had the need to try to show some detail in a photograph recently. Very difficult to do what you did without a very good skill set.

The whole time I read this I kept thinking about your recent posts on the subject of skill v. products in paint correction. Do you ever compare the value of your skill set in paint correction v. photography. I don't mean in a dollar sense. But, rather to do the quality of work you do. Which presently requires the higher skill set?

Oh, and have you ever thought about writing a book on car photography? Both to teach getting the best pictures and work documentation.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RatZ1LLa View Post

Hi RatZ1LLa,

The answer is "yes".

Both products use glass-safe abrasive technology and both will remove stubborn road film, smoker's film, vinyl fog and water spots.

Just don't use on film tinted windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan@TheBuffingMoose View Post

Dear Mike,

My jaw is still in the floor from those jaw dropping photos.

Well done!

Thanks Dan...

Of course the pictures of me using the light were taken by a standerby? Don't remember who.

I use a Canon Rebel T5i

I find this model difficult to use. I started out with the T1i, then the T2i and then the T3i and then the T4i and now this current version. I tend to wear out cameras and I take lots of pictures in my job.

For what it's worth, I think I might also post more pictures "inserted" into threads in the car detailing world than any other "instructor" or person in general. Some of my threads or articles have over 100 pictures.

I use the camera on the P mode or Priority Aperture Mode. Then adjust the exposure per the car. Also use Automatic White Balance for pictures in the garage and the florescent light setting.

I'm actually not a photographer and have very little knowledge of the craft and art itself, just do a lot of it since discussion forums were invented.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post

Maybe not the intended subject, but the photography skills is what really impressed me in this article.

My wife had the need to try to show some detail in a photograph recently. Very difficult to do what you did without a very good skill set.

The whole time I read this I kept thinking about your recent posts on the subject of skill v. products in paint correction. Do you ever compare the value of your skill set in paint correction v. photography. I don't mean in a dollar sense. But, rather to do the quality of work you do. Which presently requires the higher skill set?
    I've never compared the value of my skill set in paint correction versus photography, I just know it's important to be able to do both.

One of the most important articles I've ever written was an article to TRY to help other detailers by teaching them the importance and the value of getting GREAT before pictures.

Check out the title of this article and after thinking about it I'm confident most of you would agree with the title.

The power in the after shots is created in the before shots

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post

Oh, and have you ever thought about writing a book on car photography? Both to teach getting the best pictures and work documentation.

Um... no.... I don't feel even remotely qualified to write a professionally sourced book about photography. There are thousands of real photographers that would laugh at anything I wrote.

With some work I could probably write a how to book on How to photograph cars for car detailing" or something like that but there are so many cameras and the location and lighting and even background color of the walls in the location are such huge and varied factors.

Thanks for the compliment but for now I have some other books I'm working on...

10. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you wear out cameras that fast, you may want to consider stepping up the the "prosumer" level (80D) with your next one. The bodies on them have many of the features, and protections from moisture, that the pro level gear has with the ease of use of the rebel family.

12. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good job for the Ibrid

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast