autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much business do you get from having a website?

I designed my own using weebly.

First go register a domain at register.com or wherever. Just google register domain.

Then go to weebly or some other site and for maybe 50$ a year your all set. I just built it myself. It's pretty easy but very very time consuming for a few days. I spent about 2 weeks off and on but probably more than 6 full days of work... I can't recall exactly.

You can get something up in hours that is basic...

I have a full time job where I work more than 50 hours a week usually so I don't have time for details all the time. To answer your question I have only gotten a few jobs from the website that found me strictly there but I intentionally did a few things on my site to lower the chances of getting details. LOL, I know.... But I really wanted it anyway so I can hand someone a card if I choose to and they have full access to learn more after that. Also, my site is confusing as I have reviews and everything on there. If I was focused on detailing only and posted my Phoenix number I'm sure I'd get a lot more jobs from there.

I also get emails through my contact me page on my website of people asking me about a myriad of detailing products or how to take care of their car. Obviously I invite this more than most strictly detailing websites do. I do my best to give as much info as possible and then also link them to Live2detail and Autogeeks forums.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

What about web site optimumization? I'm worried that if I don't use the right words/picture captions, when people search, they won't find me.

Strangely enough, if you do a Google Search for my area with the words "mobile detailing" or even detailing, there is like 1-2 that pop up and 1 of those is out of business. Its crazy to think that in Los Angeles there isn't 10,000 results. It seems like there is a new detailing business in my area every week. The ones that do have sites, the are lackluster at best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    Logos would be nice. Who is going to do yours? I don't even know where to go to find someone who designs logos
    I attached my logo so you could see his work, I had Eddy Arce do my logo, send him a e-mail at localgraphx@gmail.com. Great artist and especially good with graphic art.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much business do you get from having a website?-pbdetail-logo-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    What about web site optimumization? I'm worried that if I don't use the right words/picture captions, when people search, they won't find me.
    SEO can be trial an error at the best of times and the "Google sands" are always shifting lol.

To help tune your SEO a bit , Google Analytics or similar would be worth installing. It has some easy to use tools and helps identify where your traffic is coming from and what your visitors are doing (Bounce rate, time spent on site). If the figures do not match your goals, you can experiment further to lower the numbers.

Don't go mad on the number of keywords you use and try to choose words where you have a chance to rank in the earlier pages. I'm sure there are words that everyone starts out choosing because they are very common search terms but, if you end up on page 5,000,000 - its not really helping people find you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12