autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KevA View Post
    Ah, ok thanks. I guess that makes sense (if it's all about a soaked Mitt or MF or whatever you use).
    The Gary dean method is great for rinseless. One of the best waterless products is pinnacle liquid crystal waterless. Another great one is uww. For me personally I like the pinnacle. Spray a panel with the pinnacle for a pre soak, wipe with mf soaked in onr product and you have a killer slick combo with a great look.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash, a Rinseless Car Wash and a Spray Detailer

Quick Question about this?
    This is very interesting, and good to know...
    But... Won't a Quick detail spray that used on a lightly dusted car ( and wiping it ) will make Small swirl marks over the car ?
    Or if we use a snake pattern it won't hurt the paint ?

Sasson - White Subaru Brz 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash, a Rinseless Car Wash and a Spray Detailer

So glad there is a post on this. I did have a quick question though. Is there a way to make the ONRWW a Waterless wash? Can i follow the 8oz to a Gallon like the ONRWS?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, was UWW+ left off the list on purpose?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sasson View Post
    Quick Question about this?
    This is very interesting, and good to know...
    But... Won't a Quick detail spray that used on a lightly dusted car ( and wiping it ) will make Small swirl marks over the car ?
    Or if we use a snake pattern it won't hurt the paint ?
    There is never any guarantee that using detail spray, waterless wash, rinseless wash, or even a regular wash won't instill some marring.

It all depends upon how stuck the contaminants are vs how effective the cleaner is at loosening the bond between the contaminants and the paint, and providing enough lubrication to encapsulate the contaminant particles.

It depends upon how gently you wipe the car, as well as how gentle your mitt is. It also has to do with how abrasive the contaminants are.

The safest method is foam gun, two bucket method with grit guards, rinsing the mitt before putting it back into the bucket, washing the car at least twice, once super gentle, once harder to get rid of the more tenacious dirt and then using a spotless rinse system and blower to dry the car. After that, it's rinseless, waterless, detail spray and car duster. I'm not sure where Kozak cloth fits in, but I'm guessing its less safe than a
    waterless wash. I have never used a Kozak.

As the detailer, you must decide which cleaning type is required for each situation.

Using a detail spray on a lightly dusted car will scratch the car if the dust is dense and abrasive enough.

A snake pattern when cleaning will not reduce marring. In fact, it will make any scratches that are caused to be more noticeable. The least noticeable scratches are caused by wiping in one direction only, so that the scratches can only be seen at a certain angle in a certain light, as Mike Phillips basically said in one of his videos.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you blow on the dust, and it doesn't fly right off...never even think of using detail spray on it because the contaminants are bound at that point. That's why WW are fast becoming the new detail spray. They offer vastly improved safeness, and some actually look decent. Detail sprays will usually give you a better glossy shine, but be careful when using them.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    If you blow on the dust, and it doesn't fly right off...never even think of using detail spray on it because the contaminants are bound at that point. That's why WW are fast becoming the new detail spray. They offer vastly improved safeness, and some actually look decent. Detail sprays will usually give you a better glossy shine, but be careful when using them.
    + 1 to that. UWW+ has replaced QD and drying aid for me. I will be testing Optimum Instant Detailer shortly and may like that better as a drying aid mostly due to my bias towards all things Optimum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123