autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Acid bath resulting in streaking in paint?

The acid was sprayed on the paint like a mist...I will use a magnifying glass when the truck comes in.. I'm still learning, but I will stop using wheel acid on the paint..What other products can I use instead? Would anyone have access to iron x in like 20L containers? Would Iron X or a non-acid help remove water spots and cloudy paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowkan View Post
    The acid was sprayed on the paint like a mist...I will use a magnifying glass when the truck comes in.. I'm still learning, but I will stop using wheel acid on the paint..What other products can I use instead? Would anyone have access to iron x in like 20L containers? Would Iron X or a non-acid help remove water spots and cloudy paint?

Snowkan, I highly suggest you follow some of the advice already given. Iron-X will not remove water spots. Once you understand what water spots are, how they are formed and how they affect paint as they go through various stages, you'll see that depending on the type you have will determine the course of action. Please take the time to read this article and you will have all the answers to your questions: https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-type-iii.html

It's one thing to work on your own vehicles and learn from your mistakes, it's another when you turn that into a business where people trust you with their vehicles. If you plan on making this a business and work on other peoples vehicles I would highly suggest the following:

1.) Take Mike Phillips 3 day Competition Ready course at Autogeek, this will greatly quicken you and give you the tools and expertise you need to be successful. If funding is an issue, read how one forum member did it: https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-gofundme.html

2.) Start working towards getting IDA Certified. The IDA ensures that a set of standards and practices are taught to it's members along with continuing education, much like ones taught in Mike Phillips Competition Ready Class. Mike even offers IDA and Skills Eval certification at the end of the 3 day course. This will give you confidence and instill trust in your customers.

3.) Take the time to read Mike Phillips books and watch his videos found under the Autogeek University:
    Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides

4.) Become familiar with the How-to's section of this Forum where Mike and others post countless articles, specifically the one you are asking about to which I posted yesterday earlier in the thread.

I once had a MSgt in the USAF tell me, "Airman, you can get a hundred atta-boys, but all it takes is one negative to destroy your reputation and career". Same holds true for every thing we do. Your customer should feel pretty upset if his new truck now needs a new paint job.

As Joe stated there are much better safer methods of achieving the end goal. Some are safe and some are risky. I for one mitigate risk at all costs.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

I would trust LSNAutoDetailing with my own car. Take it from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much for the indepth advice... Again, I'm open to all suggestions, and I'm not set in my ways..with my new position at work, I'm trying to get this shop making some cash..I am new to the forum, but will take the time to read everything...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowkan View Post
    Thanks very much for the indepth advice... Again, I'm open to all suggestions, and I'm not set in my ways..with my new position at work, I'm trying to get this shop making some cash..I am new to the forum, but will take the time to read everything...
    There are several chemical water spot removers made for paint available from various manufactures on here. Sometimes they work, sometime they don't, really depends of the water spots. Most contain a much more mild acid, but still need to be used with care.

Search
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12