autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Some Advice

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some Advice

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaGP View Post
    I guess I look at it differently. He asked advice, so he got it. If he hadn't asked, no way would I have said that. So it's not being "treated like this". It's not something against him. It's just answering what he asked.

I see your point of view, and I gave my point of view. That's all it is. It did come across rather negative, so to the OP, I apologize for that! Like I said, I think they'll look nice. I was simply answering what he asked. It's not a personal attack.
    @LydiaGP. My previous post wasn't specifically directed towards you. I apologize if it somehow seemed that way but it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopiston View Post
    I left it up to him.
    I've modded several of cars over the years. It is a rare that mods add any appreciable resale value to a car. Even of they do, it is a horrible (read negative) return. In 2-3 years, those wheels might be rashed or a style or size the next owner couldn't care less about.

Even if there is any added value, since you want to look at it like an investment...do the math. $800 for wheels, you may get an extra $400 back, if you are lucky. You might as well have stuck with the stock wheels and hand the next person that owns it $400.
    The 1st part of my previous post was specifically in reply to this comment.^ That's why I wanted to clarify...

The rest of my post was in reply to just about everyone who seems to make it seem like OP is blowing his life savings away or something.. I think I'm the only 1 in support of his idea and everyone else is advising him to put the $1,300 away for retirement?

At that pace the poor guy will never go on a vacation because last I checked people normally blow around that amount on a good Vegas trip. Sorry Eddie, no Vegas for you. Lol. And no getting married either, unless you find yourself a rare super amazing chick that would rather do the smart thing and put those 2-3 thousand bucks towards something useful instead of a dumb engagement ring.

Excuse me at this point, just venting a bit. I guess a part of me is still itching for the day when I get to upgrade wheels & tires on 1 of my cars and really maximize it to my liking...

Post Thanks / Like

Check out silveradosierra.com there are a tonne of people with similar ideas and there is alot in the for sale trade section. Autogeek is great for detailing stuff. But mods on a base specific platform could help you out in the long run. I was in the same seat as you many moons ago, rims, stereos etc. I maybe wrecked my hearing a bit, but the money was always on material items never something flushable. Just my .02.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieg711 View Post
    Yeah I know dream job is just a dream job until it's actually achieved. Even if I don't get this job I will not let myself work minimum wage for the rest of my life, I have back up plans that I know I can fall back on and still have good future ahead of me as long as I want to work my ass off till retirement. I've also have proved people wrong and like you said I use this towards motivation. I've been told I would never lose weight, I wouldn't make it in college or that I would never break out of the shell that held me back from being an outgoing person. Yet here I am 50 pounds lighter and in shape, finishing second year of college and working in an environment that constantly involves interaction with people and I enjoy it. Just gotta keep moving forward and putting in work and the doors slowly begin to open.
    Love it. Keep proving to YOURSELF what you can accomplish... You sound like a motivated guy; keep that attitude through thick and thin, and that inner strength will get you far!
    Last edited by FlyinLow; 03-26-2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: still learning how to post images
    1994 300ZX 2+2 MT, sole owner, 239K mi
    2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD
    2014 Maserati Quattroporte GTS

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think you need those rims, unless its for safety reasons. You could keep your truck looking good by other things, like wax etc. And just keep it working good until you get a new car. That is what I am doing. Got myself a kit to repair my baby myself. There is a pretty good range of them now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SamJones View Post
    I dont think you need those rims, unless its for safety reasons. You could keep your truck looking good by other things, like wax etc. And just keep it working good until you get a new car. That is what I am doing. Got myself a kit to repair my baby myself. There is a pretty good range of them now.
    That kinda sounds like someone without tattoos telling a person who's dying to get their 1st tattoo that they're not necessary...

Different strokes for different folks.

Post Thanks / Like

He's got a link in his first post. Smacks of a spammer to me a little. I could be wrong.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007
    Green 1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 & Silver 2007 Honda ST1300

Post Thanks / Like

As an experienced undergrad student, save yourself the money.....tuition can go up anytime as what happened to me......I was paying $1,700 every quarter when I was going for my bachelors, then from one quarter to another it sky rocket to $2,500......I was about to get my 5th gen Camaro SS, but used the money to finish school in time!
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456