autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Wax Winner is ....

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Then there is Polish Angel, and a whole new heaven opens up and this is the universe I'm living in now.

I went to the Hyundai dealership for an oil change Wednesday. When the service scheduler who sees these all the time says what the heck do you do to this, it's super clean, well that says it all.

is that the sonata? i didnt know they had two doors? im guessing you have no problem with chipping on the hood? did u buy new?

Post Thanks / Like

Because the question is "which would you chose", I have to factor price into the equation because that is something that matters to me for our daily drivers. Someday should I be lucky enough to have my dream garage queen (e.g. 718 Boxster/Cayman or BMW M240) then perhaps I'll look the other way on cost every so often. I will also leave BF's paint sealant out of the response because then we could drag other sealants into the equation and that is not what the OP asked for. Note: Never used or owned Fuzion so I must leave it out of response.

But for now, purely based on wax, regular (non-sale) price and the products I use, or have used:

1. BF Mid. sun
    2. P. Signature series II
    3. P. Souveran

Now removing price from the equation, or happening upon a sale:

1. P. Souveran - in 30 years of obsessing over cars (grin), always rises to the top when its about looks. Combine w/ ease of use, and it's simply my favorite paste there is.
    2. BF Mid. sun
    3. P. Signature series II

BF Midnight Sun and Sig Series II are neck and neck for me. They are both amazing products and my wife's white A4 sees them at least 6 times a year. When her female friends/co-workers notice enough to say "wow your husband keeps your car clean" I guess that says a lot. Unlike our wives that are well-trained (grin), it's not something I think most women talk about among each other :-).

P.S. If there was another paste wax I could add to the list it would be GG's Best of Show Paste, especially when price is a factor. I liken it to SSII in looks and application.

Happy Sunday to all,
    ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

I've got my popcorn now.The Wax Winner is ....

If this thread wasn't already interesting, it for sure is about to get interesting now. I can't wait to hear the upcoming reply[s] lmao.The Wax Winner is ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    synergy hands down
    Read last year some time a review on this wax on another forum and the reviewer who's a wax connoisseur stated its the most disappointing wax his ever purchased at any price.

Post Thanks / Like

The Wax Winner is ....

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Not even close, $69.99 for Blackfire Sealant and Midnight Sun. Synergy is what, $195.00 for 5oz. Hardly a bargain.

I've resisted posting this, but out of good conscience I can no longer remain silent.

I bought Synergy earlier in the year and it was a major dissapointment.

It emaciated my paint. Thankfully I only used it on the hood. It swirled the living heck out of my finely polished Genesis Coupe paint. I had to do a complete repolish with HD Polish to get it back.

Pictures don't lie, they tell the real story.

Before Synergy:

And a swireld out mess after "hand" applying Synergy with the yellow foam applicator supplied with it by AG, the swirling is unacceptable:

When you take some of the Synergy I was shipped and rub it between your finger tips you can clearly feel a grittiness in the product.
    And yes, I contacted AG and emailed these very photos. Who I emailed knows and they also know they did nothing to resolve it. I'll let him remain nameless. And I still have the Synergy.
    Must be user error. Lolz. Just kidding.

I use this wax & haven't had any issue. I'm thinking there was contamination in the pot or the applicator.

Sucks they wouldn't take care of it for you...I think they should have, you've been around long enough.

Prolly time to trade it...Lolz.

Post Thanks / Like

"How this whole mess happened,
    I don't know..........Maybe I coulda
    stopped it early. But once the trouble
    was on its way, I was just goin' with it".

~ "Johnny Strabler"...{The Wild One}

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Must be user error. Lolz. Just kidding.

I use this wax & haven't had any issue. I'm thinking there was contamination in the pot or the applicator.

Sucks they wouldn't take care of it for you...I think they should have, you've been around long enough.

Prolly time to trade it...Lolz.
    You rub it between your fingers and you can clearly feel a grittiness to it.

It defintely wasn't the applicator sponge. I'm fanatical about checking any appplicator or pad before it ever touches any paint.

This stuff looks like dried up mustard.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say I've had the swirled out mess you got from Synergy, I'm actually quite surprised by that. I've applied to four different cars so far all with soft paint but no issues at all with application. Mind you I don't use applicator pads, I just use my barehands to wax. Still, I'm surprised.

That being said, it depends on what you're looking for from a wax. When it comes to durability, I think Fuzion is the top one but I think if you have a very durable sealant on the bottom, Souveran would be my choice for the icing on the cake.

Post Thanks / Like

To bad this wasn't taken care of for you custmsprty! Shocking, I thought AG had great customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

All these waxes look very lovely but still gonna have to say Collinite 845 to seal the deal in. Besides, the polish is getting the paint all that crazy shine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast