autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the best All In One?

There's no best. They're all good, for the most part. Some lean more towards the cleaning/polishing abilities while other lean more towards protection. Klasse AIO, HD Speed, Menzerna One Step, Wolfgang Uber AIO, and McKee's 37 360 are ones that I've used that I like quite a bit. If you plan on doing a lot of vehicles, I like Meguiar's D151 as it's a tremendous value. My personal recommendation to anyone looking into their first AIO would be HD Speed as it has good cleaning abilities, is one of the more durable protections out there, has a long working time, and is easy to remove.
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Post Thanks / Like

So I have an upcoming client whose budget falls into the "AIO is best" category. Based on this I was looking for an AIO that was held in high regards. Based on this chain I was sold on the HD Speed but it's on back order. What would be the recommended runner up as I need to order tonight? If it helps any, the vehicle is going to be a 1996 Ford Ranger in red.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pristine Image View Post
    So I have an upcoming client whose budget falls into the "AIO is best" category. Based on this I was looking for an AIO that was held in high regards. Based on this chain I was sold on the HD Speed but it's on back order. What would be the recommended runner up as I need to order tonight? If it helps any, the vehicle is going to be a 1996 Ford Ranger in red.
    32oz size HD Speed is listed as 'in stock' over on Autopia..22.99..with 5.95 flat rate shipping and 15% off...in case you were interested

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    32oz size HD Speed is listed as 'in stock' over on Autopia..22.99..with 5.95 flat rate shipping and 15% off...in case you were interested
    Perfect, thank you! Order placed!

Post Thanks / Like

Like rougegeek said there isn't a "Best". Everyone seems to be on the HD Speed kick lately. Personally I use Meg's D151. Over the years I've become comfortable with their products and usually use them. That said I use more M205 than an AIO's.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post
    Like rougegeek said there isn't a "Best". Everyone seems to be on the HD Speed kick lately. Personally I use Meg's D151. Over the years I've become comfortable with their products and usually use them. That said I use more M205 than an AIO's.
    Well said.

I've been using Meguiar's M66 for a few years now. I'll be trying D151 next, but M66 does a great job for what I need. I typically don't try to market my aio service as a complete compound. Conversely, I don't want to use a cleaner wax for a polish / wax. Thus, I only need my cleaner wax to clean, shine, and protect the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love love love HD Speed!

Post Thanks / Like

Why is HD Speed being popular make it a "kick" people are on? it works and lots of people have been using it for longer than I have (1.5 years)
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Well said.

I've been using Meguiar's M66 for a few years now. I'll be trying D151 next, but M66 does a great job for what I need. I typically don't try to market my aio service as a complete compound. Conversely, I don't want to use a cleaner wax for a polish / wax. Thus, I only need my cleaner wax to clean, shine, and protect the paint.
    I think the mistake a lot of people make with AIO's is thinking they're all correcting AIO's. My experience is some are best used like Klasse AIO - as a paint cleaner with mild sealant abilities.
    I made the mistake of trying more than once to correct with Uber AIO. It was a miserable product for me until I started using like a paint cleaner (Put on with low friction/ low heat - either by hand or low setting on a DA - immediately take off with a MF. I know most paint cleaners don't need to be immediately taken off. But, I found for myself, that Klasse AIO and Uber AIO worked best that way.).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    I think the mistake a lot of people make with AIO's is thinking they're all correcting AIO's. My experience is some are best used like Klasse AIO - as a paint cleaner with mild sealant abilities.
    I made the mistake of trying more than once to correct with Uber AIO. It was a miserable product for me until I started using like a paint cleaner (Put on with low friction/ low heat - either by hand or low setting on a DA - immediately take off with a MF. I know most paint cleaners don't need to be immediately taken off. But, I found for myself, that Klasse AIO and Uber AIO worked best that way.).
    HD Speed does a nice job actually correcting paint issues. I always use HD Speed with my orange cutting pad and it actually corrects minor defects

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.