autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

nooo how bad are these scratches??

Stupid me, I tried to use clay bar on my door panel above my handle. I was sure I used enough lube (griots speedshine). I left the garage door open for some more light and a gust of wind came by, probably blew tiny sand particles inside

It's pretty deep, but hopefully a paint correction can help. I know it's hard to tell from the picture but I hope its fixable.

IF you save the picture to your pc and zoom in it's noticeable.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nooo how bad are these scratches??-img_20160424_185722-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: nooo how bad are these scratches??

use a foam applicator and some polish (start with the least aggressive method) with some elbow grease and go from there...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

The scratches that I can see look pretty bad but they don't look like something that was caused by claying.

They look more like someone repeatly opened the door with a box in their hand or something. They are also not in the direction that I would think that you would be claying.

If there are smaller scratches there that I cannot see, they would be removable with a polish or a light compound.

Are you sure they weren't already there, if you are talking about the deap ones?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    use a foam applicator and some polish (start with the least aggressive method) with some elbow grease and go from there...
    Thanks! I bought some applicator pads, a white and an orange pad. Could I use meguairs scratch 2.0? Or are there better ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    The scratches that I can see look pretty bad but they don't look like something that was caused by claying.

They look more like someone repeatly opened the door with a box in their hand or something. They are also not in the direction that I would think that you would be claying.

If there are smaller scratches there that I cannot see, they would be removable with a polish or a light compound.

Are you sure they weren't already there, if you are talking about the deap ones?
    I was also pondering that statement. My wife is very careless with her purse/baby bag. She could've grazed it when going to her car. This is the first time I noticed it. I was also thinking it might be when I wiped the residue off? Then again the scratches are a downward motion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by awdftw View Post
    I was also pondering that statement. My wife is very careless with her purse/baby bag. She could've grazed it when going to her car. This is the first time I noticed it. I was also thinking it might be when I wiped the residue off? Then again the scratches are a downward motion.
    A lot of us have seen a lot of marks on cars, and those don't look like claying, wiping or anything like that marks. One of the hazards of polishing up your car is you can see a lot of stuff you never noticed before.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    A lot of us have seen a lot of marks on cars, and those don't look like claying, wiping or anything like that marks. One of the hazards of polishing up your car is you can see a lot of stuff you never noticed before.
    I believe you guys as I am a total noob. I had my car detailed and the detailer used the red klassen polish. That was last summer, and he didn't say if he saw any changes before/after the polish. I probably got these scratches sometime in the winter.

Now my other question would meguair's 2.0 Xscratch work? Or would you recommend a better polish? My car is a 98 subaru impreza so I read it has soft paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you feel the scratch when you run your fingernail over it?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Can you feel the scratch when you run your fingernail over it?
    I can but not as bad. I have an appt with a detailer next week. He said its not a big deal. I'll post an after picture!