autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

very disappointed

this is my firs read on MSDS, I`m interested for buying a shampoo for pressure washer. I use a lot of mafra products and they are all good products but this...???

Even sonax has a very good products but pressure washer shampoos are very strong, with high ph balance.

I don`t have other companies in my country.

Cars here in my country are very dirty and i need a good cleaner, but I`m educated from autogeek and i can`t use something that can do harm in to the vehicle even they aren`t mine, all of car washes use this kind of product, but i want to be different and not use harsh product.

I need shampoo like this if someone can help me, cleaning ability 10/10,ph neutral, quik and easy I`m talking for car wash service not detailing service and of course cheap this jeddy 2.0 and that of sonax that i mentioned they are from 25kg 70$ and dilution 1/50.

Just take a look of this product, i can never use this after i read the MSDS.

http://www.reserved.mafra.com/public...00-663(GB).pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Re: very disappointed

Quality and cheap are more often than not polar opposite terms. I don't know much about mass market "car wash" shampoos beyond them being pretty bad in every country (and the brushes even worse). Unfortunately when trying to avoid hand washing (cutting corners) I'm not sure you will find anything worth endorsing.

Post Thanks / Like

I found the newest line of Mafra is ECOMAF the ph scale is from 4/7 i dont know about the cleaning abilities, but may work for me. In this time that we live we have solution for everything that we could think of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ViGi View Post
    Just take a look of this product, i can never use this after i read the MSDS.

http://www.reserved.mafra.com/public...00-663(GB).pdf
    I don't blame you for not wanting to use this...
    I would not use it either!

Meguiar's is distributed World-wide.
    Are you able to buy Meguiar's where you live (Italy?)
    If so:
    Get some M62 Shampoo & Conditioner for your intended purpose.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

the ph of m62 is 8-9.5 it is going to strip LSP this shampoo, what is all about PH in a car shampoo, I found some from sonax that are neutral 7 pH, are this ones good in cleaning abilities

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ViGi View Post
    the ph of m62 is 8-9.5 it is going to strip LSP this shampoo, what is all about PH in a car shampoo, I found some from sonax that are neutral 7 pH, are this ones good in cleaning abilities
    No...M62 is not going to strip an LSP!
    I've never used any of Sonax's car shampoos...No comment.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get too worked up about pH. In this instance, I tend to agree that the product is not best suited to high end vehicle care. The details on the MSDS sheet would indicate to me that it is better described as an industrial vehicle cleaner. That said, the same 'nasty' ingredients are used in numerous products which are routinely used by UK detailers and at least one product which is also sold to the US market. I have tried to argue that this sort of product is not correct but many detailers use the products because they work. Contrary to popular belief, most LSPs are actually very hard to strip, chemically, so LSP is not a concern unless you are using the products too strong.

If you do go for neutral (ish) pH you have to accept that cleaning power is decreased. This is simple fact.

I would also encourage to not use the term 'shampoo' with regards to this type of product. A shampoo is something that is safe to use with skin contact. By that definition, almost everything with high pH is not shampoo. The product you note would be a Traffic Film Remover (TFR). The US market isn't very good at subdividing external body cleaners in this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    Don't get too worked up about pH. In this instance, I tend to agree that the product is not best suited to high end vehicle care. The details on the MSDS sheet would indicate to me that it is better described as an industrial vehicle cleaner. That said, the same 'nasty' ingredients are used in numerous products which are routinely used by UK detailers and at least one product which is also sold to the US market. I have tried to argue that this sort of product is not correct but many detailers use the products because they work. Contrary to popular belief, most LSPs are actually very hard to strip, chemically, so LSP is not a concern unless you are using the products too strong.

If you do go for neutral (ish) pH you have to accept that cleaning power is decreased. This is simple fact.

I would also encourage to not use the term 'shampoo' with regards to this type of product. A shampoo is something that is safe to use with skin contact. By that definition, almost everything with high pH is not shampoo. The product you note would be a Traffic Film Remover (TFR). The US market isn't very good at subdividing external body cleaners in this way.

Thanx PiPUK this was my goal to get a better idea about some misconceptions that I had. It was hard because here in Autogeek I don`t see people use this kind of TFR as much and always talking about using some with lower then 8 pH, and so for me 12-13 pH was something stratospheric.

I would like to go with neutral (ish) but you can`t believe how dirty cars we have in my country, and I must go with something stronger, It`s not stratospheric anymore if I go with something stronger it`s just stronger and this one It`s NOT SHAMPOO.

Some pics what i did today with that 12/13 pH

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good. Honestly, in moderation, pH is not a big concern. AG might go on about it but many will use away at extremely high pH products thanks to the suppliers just not telling them the facts.

From my perspective, high pH is only really when you are talking about 13+. As I have noted elsewhere, even then it is not necessarily a big concern. The product you have noted would probably be one I would advise against, unless as a last resort, because it does contain a lot of the hydroxide ingredients. These are the big concern to private vehicles because the hydroxides can do a lot of damage to the likes of chrome trims, if used too strong. As you will appreciate, commercial vehicles don't tend to have that sort of thing so this sort of product is ideal for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    Looking good. Honestly, in moderation, pH is not a big concern. AG might go on about it but many will use away at extremely high pH products thanks to the suppliers just not telling them the facts.

From my perspective, high pH is only really when you are talking about 13+. As I have noted elsewhere, even then it is not necessarily a big concern. The product you have noted would probably be one I would advise against, unless as a last resort, because it does contain a lot of the hydroxide ingredients. These are the big concern to private vehicles because the hydroxides can do a lot of damage to the likes of chrome trims, if used too strong. As you will appreciate, commercial vehicles don't tend to have that sort of thing so this sort of product is ideal for them.
    This is a bit off topic, but everyone always seems to want pH neutral wheel cleaners and soaps. I saw this product for sale the other day and it made me think of detailing... It's drinking water with a pH of 9.5:

Wondering if any geeks would drink it. I know they wouldn't use it to wash their car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast