autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Newbie To Detailing need guidance

Hi Everyone,

As you can seen from my signature I just joined this community recently and placed three orders during the Black Friday weekend. I just purchased my sweet Hemi Charger '13 about 2 months back and was wondering how to maintain it when I cam across this website and the rest is a history on my credit card ;-)

I have ordered the following items and need some guidance on some specific topics on this

P.S Please note that I am in the UAE so it becomes difficult to get products out to myself on a consistent basis as shipping and customs are a pain to deal with.

1 PIN-701 - 64 oz. Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash 20.99

Is the above product usable as a Rinseless car wash? If so what dilution ratio is recommended.

I also have vinyl and carbon fiber stripes and decals on my car. Is it safe to use this as a waterless or rinseless solution or should I cover up on those areas?

1 PIN-621 - 64 oz. Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator 24.98

How do I use this on a top loading machine? I also wanted to know if I should just soak my microfibers on this or do an actual full wash cycle.

1 MITT-2PACK - Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt 2-Pack 14.99

Can this product be used with rinseless car washes? Or would you recommend only using it in conjunction with a full car wash.

1 COBRA-1616G-3 - 3 Qty 16x16 Inch Gold Plush Jr. Microf 12.99

Is this microfiber safe to use as a rinseless or waterless car wash?

1 MF-844CL0340-B - 2 Qty 16x16 Inch Arctic White Microfi 7.99

What is the best use of these towels? from my knoweldge, it seems to be best used for glass cleaning but I wanted to know from other people what they find it useful for.

2 CAR-93010 - Carrand LCD Screen & Display Cleaning Kit 13.98

Do you'll use this to clean your navigation and touch screens? If so have you observed anything specific that should be taken into account. ?

16 oz. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

What is the best method of applying this? Can we use Microfiber applications or do I need a foam applicator for sure.

Chinchilla Buffing Microfiber cloth

IS this only used for buffing or does any one have any suggestions of how to best use this.

I know some of these questions have been answered in other threads but I feel that if I explain my constraints to you guys it would be easier to receive the expert guidance. I have no garage or access to a hose. Occasionally, I may have the opportunity to use my friend's garage but very occasionally. Which is why the rinseless and waterless wash are my only options.

If anyone visiting to Dubai soon, then we can meet up and discuss car care. Or other things too. Look forward to hearing from you'll soon.

Thanks,
    P

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie To Detailing need guidance

Hey peeps,

3 days, 92 views, and no replies?

Please help a brother out?

Thanks,
    P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puneetbm View Post
    Hi Everyone,

As you can seen from my signature I just joined this community recently and placed three orders during the Black Friday weekend. I just purchased my sweet Hemi Charger '13 about 2 months back and was wondering how to maintain it when I cam across this website and the rest is a history on my credit card ;-)

I have ordered the following items and need some guidance on some specific topics on this

P.S Please note that I am in the UAE so it becomes difficult to get products out to myself on a consistent basis as shipping and customs are a pain to deal with.

Is the above product usable as a Rinseless car wash? If so what dilution ratio is recommended.

This is a Waterless Wash. The rinseless is Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash. Maybe someone else knows if it the WW can be used as rinseless

I also have vinyl and carbon fiber stripes and decals on my car. Is it safe to use this as a waterless or rinseless solution or should I cover up on those areas?

Waterless washes are generally safe on these surfaces. Even spray waxes can be used to protect them. Of course you should do a test spot first

How do I use this on a top loading machine? I also wanted to know if I should just soak my microfibers on this or do an actual full wash cycle.

If your towels are very dirty soak them in a bucket with 1 oz then do an actual full wash cycle with 2 oz added.

Can this product be used with rinseless car washes? Or would you recommend only using it in conjunction with a full car wash.

Use your microfibre towels for the waterless wash. Usee the mitts for traditional washes

Yes they are good for a waterless but you need a lot more. 3 is definitely not enough

What is the best use of these towels? from my knoweldge, it seems to be best used for glass cleaning but I wanted to know from other people what they find it useful for.

Its generally for buffing and cleaning, not usually for glass. Waffle weave glass towels are the best for that.

Do you'll use this to clean your navigation and touch screens? If so have you observed anything specific that should be taken into account. ?

Haven't used this before so can't comment

What is the best method of applying this? Can we use Microfiber applications or do I need a foam applicator for sure.

If your applying by hand use a foam applicator, let it dry for about 20 mins then buff off using a microfibre towel.

IS this only used for buffing or does any one have any suggestions of how to best use this.

Can be used for anything from wiping down the interior to waterless washing. Very versatile towel

I know some of these questions have been answered in other threads but I feel that if I explain my constraints to you guys it would be easier to receive the expert guidance. I have no garage or access to a hose. Occasionally, I may have the opportunity to use my friend's garage but very occasionally. Which is why the rinseless and waterless wash are my only options.

If anyone visiting to Dubai soon, then we can meet up and discuss car care. Or other things too. Look forward to hearing from you'll soon.

Thanks,
    P
    That should answer a few of your questions.

If you get me a ticket to Dubai I'll gladly answer any questions I can in person

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use waterless washes or most of the other products/processes you are asking about, but I would read the following thread when it comes to caring for your decals. Never heard of any issues washing them, but there are different opinions on other processes.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...yl-decals.html

Mike Phillips

Hey peeps,

3 days, 92 views, and no replies?

Please help a brother out?

Thanks,
    P

You posted this at 12-14-2013, 06:30 AM, not sure what time that is where you live but in my hometown that was 6:30am this last Saturday morning.

My guess is it fell off the "Recent Threads" list on the forum homepage before many people had enough to see it? Just a guess.

Mike Phillips

The Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash you purchased is RTU or Ready To Use so if you want to use it as a Rinseless Wash you use it straight, undiluted.

Probably be better to use it as intended. Here's my take on these types of products, the "principals" and "techniques" will work no matter what kind of car you're working on...

How To Wash a Classic Muscle Car

Yes.

You can do as many steps as you like to get your microfiber towels clean including keeping a bucket of 3-4 gallons of pre-mixed cleaning solution handy and place your microfiber towels into this bucket after use and then at the end of the day take this bucket full of soaking microfiber towels and wash them.

I think somewhere on this forum I have an article that shows start your top loading washing machine, let it fill with water, add your cleaning solution and let it all thoroughly mix and then add your microfiber towels. If they are really dirty, before letting the washer drain your cleaning solution after the actual "wash" portion of the cycle, turn the knob back to the beginning and let the microfiber towels go through the wash/agitation cycle a second time.

I do this for really dirty towels and sometimes I also do a second rinse cycle to make 100% sure everything is rinsed out.

Washing microfiber towels is one of those things you make it as complicated as you like or as simple as you like. It's all up to you.

I only use those with a normal wash and use Microfiber towels with a rinseless wash.

I like the method of placing a large collection of towels into your bucket of rinseless wash solution and then draw fresh towels from this bucket as you work around the car instead of trying to use only a fw towels and as a part of this approach re-introducing a dirty towel into the bucket of clean rinseless wash.

Most people call this the Gary Dean Method but someone told me the guy that actually came up with the idea is someone else from a few years back. I never tracked this down but it could be tracked down.

Yes.

What is the best use of these towels? from my knowledge, it seems to be best used for glass cleaning but I wanted to know from other people what they find it useful for.
    I like this towel. It's very soft and fluffy. I like to use it for the Final Wipe.

Haven't use it but take note...

Plastic surfaces are easy to scratch and when they are part of a dash, something that you can't easily work on by hand or machine to remove scratches you want to make sure that however it is you "touch" these surfaces with ANYTHING that you are very careful.

I like to apply anything and everything by machine, but that' just me.

This product is easily applied by hand with any clean foam or microfiber applicator pad.

Be sure to read the directions for drying time before wipe-off. It's 30 to 45 minutes. And practice applying a THIN coating.

This is an incredibly THICK and plush microfiber towel, you can use it for just about any wax, paint sealant or coating removal like Nicole show here,

The Chinchilla Microfiber Towels are extra thick, when you fold them 4-ways the plush cushion conforms to the curve of your car's body panels to help you remove any trace residues...

1939 Lincoln Zephyr - Swirls Removed - Modeled by Nicole

Mike Phillips

Here's a couple of articles I wrote to help people help themselves... not really directed at the OP but to anyone that will read this thread into the future...

A tip to help yourself get great answers when you start a thread

How to write a good title for your thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    You posted this at 12-14-2013, 06:30 AM, not sure what time that is where you live but in my hometown that was 6:30am this last Saturday morning.

My guess is it fell off the "Recent Threads" list on the forum homepage before many people had enough to see it? Just a guess.

Hey Mike!

Yea. I am located in Dubai and therefore my timings are a little bit off compared to your side of the pond ;-).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
    Originally Posted by puneetbm View Post
    Yes.

Sorry Mike, but does this mean yes, i should tape it up or yes, it is safe to use?

I like this towel. It's very soft and fluffy. I like to use it for the Final Wipe.

Is it possible to use the Arctic Microfiber towel for glass or you would not recommend it?

What would you recommend using for plastic surfaces. Is PlastX by Meguiar's a good product?

Thanks for the help. You're an inspiration for us newbies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StockPolo6R View Post
    That should answer a few of your questions.

If you get me a ticket to Dubai I'll gladly answer any questions I can in person
    Haha, I wish I had that much money to spare. But if you do swing by, you can be rest assured of a good time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast