autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Making silver paint pop

If you get a chance and feel like trying a new AIO, give Poorboy's Polish with Sealant a spin on your silver paint. The stuff makes silver POP!!! POW!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    thanks everyone. hey dorkiedoode what color pad to use with the M205 and the SF4500? keeping in mind the paint is in good shape
    I used a white flat LC pad on both. My paint is really soft so it's very easy to cut. If your paint is in good condition then you should be fine with a white pad. Unless you have no correction to be made then use a black with sf4500 and keep polishing to perfection. The black fire midnight sun carnauba wax is very good on silver. That's what I have on now.
    •Kevin
    UC - M205 - SF4500 - BFWD - BFMS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    Would it be possible to use a wax and then a glaze? The glaze might last for a day but that might make it pop no?

The reason I ask is because I just got my Collinite 476s and I also have Meguiars no. 7

I am planning on doing my moms car, just a quick bright and shine. She has a 2012 Toyota Prius

So I am planning on claying and then Collinite 476s

Then when my step dad washes it on his own i can tell him to use meguiars no. 7
    It's wax then glaze. Glaze is to fill in all the mark that you can't remove. Then wax after everything is filled in.
    •Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dorkiedoode View Post
    It's wax then glaze. Glaze is to fill in all the mark that you can't remove. Then wax after everything is filled in.
    Somebody is flip flopping, (hope it's not my morning coffee lol)

You say "It's wax then glaze"

But then you say glaze is to fill all the marks that can't be removed and then wax after everything is removed?

So do a quick detail on my moms car, then Glaze then wax it?

I would do a full detail but they still like to take it to the quick hand wash at the gasoline station, so it would just be a waste of time and money if I did a full detail. This weekend I saw my step dad cleaning i hope only the trim with a red mechanic rags (my heart dropped)

Glaze > wax
    Or
    Wax>glaze

Sorry and thanks 😇

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Silver 2002 Toyota Avalon. I washed it, used a Clay bar on it, Polished with Megs Ultimate Polish and a white LC pad with a GG 6". I used Mothers California Gold Synthetic Liquid (very easy to use). I wash it weekly now and use California Gold Spray wax. Everybody says the car looks like new. It is now very easy to maintain. Silver may not ever look as wet as black, but it still can look rich with a nice slick finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had much luck with glaze on light colors. Call it "flake mute" or whatever, it just doesn't add anything IMHO. Fuzion looks very good on light colors IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    Somebody is flip flopping, (hope it's not my morning coffee lol)

You say "It's wax then glaze"

But then you say glaze is to fill all the marks that can't be removed and then wax after everything is removed?

So do a quick detail on my moms car, then Glaze then wax it?

I would do a full detail but they still like to take it to the quick hand wash at the gasoline station, so it would just be a waste of time and money if I did a full detail. This weekend I saw my step dad cleaning i hope only the trim with a red mechanic rags (my heart dropped)

Glaze > wax
    Or
    Wax>glaze

Sorry and thanks 😇
    Ok, maybe it was early. Let me break it down for you. Glaze is a filler. It basically fill in the little swirls that "the lazy one" don't feel like polishing out. Think of it as a short cut to mask the swirls. For me I don't use glaze because I choose to remove all the swirls. Then protector my swirls free cc with sealant and wax.

In your situation you would want to glaze it first to fills/mask the swirls since you're not going to be polishing it out. Then seal/wax it after glaze.
    •Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dorkiedoode View Post
    Ok, maybe it was early. Let me break it down for you. Glaze is a filler. It basically fill in the little swirls that "the lazy one" don't feel like polishing out. Think of it as a short cut to mask the swirls. For me I don't use glaze because I choose to remove all the swirls. Then protector my swirls free cc with sealant and wax.

In your situation you would want to glaze it first to fills/mask the swirls since you're not going to be polishing it out. Then seal/wax it after glaze.
    No it wasn't that it was early. I was just taught something new. Thank you.

If I do apply the Meguiars no.7 how long do I have to wait until I can top it with Collinite?

And would I use car wash soap. Say Meguiar's? I think Dawn might be to overkill???

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said, it's really difficult to get silver metallic to pop. Silver will never look as good as black can, and it will never look as bad as black can. What I think looks best (that I've tried) on both of my light silver metallic audis are the following:

Dodo Diamond White or light fantastic (my perference is diamond white)
    Finish Kare 425
    Blackfire Wet Diamond was slightly better than Menzerna Powerlock
    Ultima WW+ was slightly better than ONR for looks after cleaning
    Collonite 845 was good if you like that look, but I feel that it did mute the flake.

I also hear (from a wax & mustang obsessed forum member) that Pinnacle Signature Series II is great on silver, I'm expecting mine to arrive soon.

Post Thanks / Like

hey Audios S6 my car in question is also an S6 and thanks for the tips everybody sounds like i need to place yet another order with autogeek.I tried liquid soverign and thought it did next to nothing didnt look bad just no real difference so i will give some blackfire products a try

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast