autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Lesson White Paint Teaches Us

If I may Steve,

Quote Originally Posted by tenblade2001 View Post
    Mike, where would put p21s paint cleansor. I know its not a wax, but it does clean..
    After a compounding/polishing session there is no need for P21S as the paint has been thoroughly cleaned and polished to a high shine.

P21S would fit in say 6 months down the road when your LSP is no longer up to par and you want to freshen up the paint for a fresh coat of wax.

#2, can you provide the link to the article in which you tell how many and what kind of pads one can expect to use for a paint correction.
    Thanks
    I believe this may be the article you are looking for.

How many pads do I need to buff out my car?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ilian11 View Post
    What a great article. As an owner of two white cars that I love I must say, mike is 100% right.

What I love about white is the crispness and freshness of the color, but most importantly, the cleanliness of white.

Picture a white glove with a black tux. White is the color of clean, where black is the color of elegance.

I've owned black, red, orange (don't ask), gray, and blue. Black was an absolute nightmare to maintain. Tho when clean, it was like my bathroom mirror.

I think I've narrowed it down to my perfect combo, white car, dark tint, black interior. I get a little bit of both worlds.

Great analogy....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    If I may Steve,

After a compounding/polishing session there is no need for P21S as the paint has been thoroughly cleaned and polished to a high shine.

P21S would fit in say 6 months down the road when your LSP is no longer up to par and you want to freshen up the paint for a fresh coat of wax.

I believe this may be the article you are looking for.

How many pads do I need to buff out my car?

Thanks for answering the above questions and locating the link to the article Mike, I missed this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike,

This past weekend I used my G15 and applied DG 601/501 and the Collinite 845 on my Ibis white Audi S4.

I recently applied BF GEP and the WD to the car. In comparison, The DG/Collinite mix added depth and gloss to the car I've never experienced before. BUT, I am also seeing orange peel more than in the past while also noticing for the first time there is a bit of peal flexk in the paint (just a hint) and is not completely flat as I thought it was.

The car is a 2014 with 12k miles. Am I seeing the orange peel effect more now due to how clean the paint is along with it only being a single stage?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by S4Dallas View Post

The car is a 2014 with 12k miles.

Am I seeing the orange peel effect more now due to how clean the paint is along with it only being a single stage?

Maybe. Could be you've just become better at seeing and identifying paint defects. Kind of a curse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S4Dallas View Post
    Hi Mike,

This past weekend I used my G15 and applied DG 601/501 and the Collinite 845 on my Ibis white Audi S4.

I recently applied BF GEP and the WD to the car. In comparison, The DG/Collinite mix added depth and gloss to the car I've never experienced before. BUT, I am also seeing orange peel more than in the past while also noticing for the first time there is a bit of peal flexk in the paint (just a hint) and is not completely flat as I thought it was.

The car is a 2014 with 12k miles. Am I seeing the orange peel effect more now due to how clean the paint is along with it only being a single stage?

Hey S4Dallas

I think your car has a clear coat and it's not single stage, if your polishing and you see white paint on your foam pad then it's probably single stage

Sent from iPhone 6
    2015 Audi //S4 (Ibis White)
    1995 BMW ///M3 (Alpine White)

Post Thanks / Like

There is also the possibility it is a tri coat with a white tinted clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. No white paint on pad at all.

I think it's probably a combo of havin a better eye now and also having the clear coat completely clean and clear.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Here's a fresh look at the topic of this article 21 years after I wrote the original...

The case against multi-year ceramic paint coatings - Road Grime = Surface Staining Daily Drivers by Mike Phillips

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345