autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Tracers - RIDS - Pigtails - Cobweb Swirls - Rotary Buffer Swirls - Holograms - Water Spots - Bird Droping Etchings - Micro-Marring

Quote Originally Posted by Gsrjake View Post
    wheres micro marring?

Not sure what happened, could be I just didn't get that section added.

I do have it here though...

The difference between Rotary Buffer Swirls, Cobweb Swirls, Micro-Marring, DA Haze & Tick Marks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tracers - RIDS - Pigtails - Cobweb Swirls - Rotary Buffer Swirls - Holograms - Water Spots - Bird Droping Etchings - Micro-Marring

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Not sure what happened, could be I just didn't get that section added.

I do have it here though...

The difference between Rotary Buffer Swirls, Cobweb Swirls, Micro-Marring, DA Haze & Tick Marks

thank you sir!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone recognize the defect in the picture and what it is called? I don't know what to call it exactly. I've seen it twice on vehicles I've polished and I've not understood whether it is something I've induced with the DA or whether it was present in the paint before polishing.

This occurence, I rushed to do a test spot with WG TSR and a white LCC pad and may not have fully primed the pad near the edge..... that is my hunch. Also this is on a 06 Mustang too. Can someone confirm or comment on this?

Also, the obvious question, any way to remove this?

Thanks
    Jerry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracers - RIDS - Pigtails - Cobweb Swirls - Rotary Buffer Swirls - Holograms - Water Spots - Bird Droping Etchings - Micro-Marring-20141028_213443-jpg  

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Elex View Post

Does anyone recognize the defect in the picture and what it is called? I don't know what to call it exactly. I've seen it twice on vehicles I've polished and I've

That's a strange looking defect. It's NOT topical due to the formation "in" the paint which leads me to believe that it's a result of prep work before painting. Due to the age of the car my guess is the car has been repainted and this is simply the signature of the person that did the prep work and/or prep work and painting?

Quote Originally Posted by Elex View Post

Also, the obvious question, any way to remove this?

Thanks
    Jerry
    Paint THINNESS is always the issue for removing any below surface paint defects.

If you feel confident you have the film build to remove it safely and it bugs you enough to chase it away then if it were me I would machine sand with #3000 Trizact then buff out my sanding marks.

Griot's 3" Mini Polisher works great as a 3" Dampsander

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12