autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cloudy spots appeared in clear coat. Help pls !

Hey Everyone! My car is a 2010 Acura TSX 85000km in crystal black pearl always waxed always clean and protected with bead maker after each wash !

today when I removed the car cover before putting on some quick detailer I noticed 2 cloudy spots between the windshield and sun roof the car is always waxed with 476s and stored during winter and when I don’t drive it it’s under a cover can anyone tell me what’s this could be. When I touch it it’s smooth like glass tried some scratch x didn’t work ?? Is there anything I can do to remove them ?

thanks in advance !

Cloudy spots appeared in clear coat. Help pls !-847a6db5-7dd5-4c26-8a8a-91fa92b6d063-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cloudy spots appeared in clear coat. Help pls !

Probably bead maker streaking. Should come off next time you wash.
    Bruno Soares

Mike Phillips

Here's your picture full size - makes it a lot easier for everyone to see and thus help out.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by max4swag View Post

Hey Everyone! My car is a 2010 Acura TSX 85000km in crystal black pearl always waxed always clean and protected with bead maker after each wash !

today when I removed the car cover before putting on some quick detailer I noticed 2 cloudy spots between the windshield and sun roof the car is always waxed with 476s and stored during winter and when I don’t drive it it’s under a cover can anyone tell me what’s this could be.

This topic has come up a lot in the past - I think the consensus is that moister somehow actually gets trapped IN the clearcoat.

I also think from memory, that if you can move the car into full sun on a HOT day the moisture will evaporate out of the paint. I think I've heard of some guys heating the paint of with a hair dryer too when Mr. Sun isn't always available.

Worth a try. Keep us updated. Besides that you're back to abrading the paint.

Mike Phillips

Also....

Here's a recent article that explains this topic.....

Topical Defects vs Sub-Surface Defects - Living life on the edge of the razor blade

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    This topic has come up a lot in the past - I think the consensus is that moister somehow actually gets trapped IN the clearcoat.

I also think from memory, that if you can move the car into full sun on a HOT day the moisture will evaporate out of the paint. I think I've heard of some guys heating the paint of with a hair dryer too when Mr. Sun isn't always available.

Worth a try. Keep us updated. Besides that you're back to abrading the paint.

Thanks a lot for the excellent explanations. Like you mentioned heat can help this issue disappear and that’s exactly what I did I used a blow dryer at high heat blew it directly on the spots and after a couple minutes they where 100% gone .

Thanks Mike : )

7. Likes Bruno Soares, PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by max4swag View Post

Thanks a lot for the excellent explanations. Like you mentioned heat can help this issue disappear and that’s exactly what I did I used a blow dryer at high heat blew it directly on the spots and after a couple minutes they where 100% gone .

Thanks Mike : )

Yay! Success!

Thanks for the follow-up. Much appreciated. I'll "stick" this thread so it's easier to find in the future.

Knowing that modern clearcoat paints are impermeable - I'm always surprised this type of thing can even happen.

Permeable and Impermeable - Towel Control for Ceramic Coatings