autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rejex vs ?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rejex vs ?

Talk to me about rejex. I have used Menzerna powerlock sealant for the past 5 years when I got a large jug of it. It was okay, didn't last a very long time in my opinion, maybe it's the Florida heat and large amount of downpours, 3 months max.

Anyway I saw an RV Youtube guy used rejex on his RV. I have been putting off doing the waxing for my new to me 36 ft fiberglass shell RV. It's like a boat with full white that needs a wax and buff to make it clear and shin again.

I was thinking get a Swiffer or bona mop and apply wax or rejex or something using the large flat mop then get a new pad/mop rag and wipe the base off.

Here is the difference on a 2x2, with just cheap mother's carnauba in the first pic and it looks great, but it would take me days to do the whole RV and take a lot of buffing. The second pic was a liquid RV specific wax that sucked even after buffing.

For our new to us SUV:
    What other products compare to rejex and Menzerna. Also looks like Menzerna sold to Jescar or something... I have been out of the loop the past 5 years after I put opticoat on my daily driver. Is there anything new that's a lot easier than opticoat? It doesn't have to be permanent. Opticoat was a lot of polishing and prep. We have a new SUV and I don't want to go to that much trouble and it has a few scratches that would stand out with opticoat.

Update : How is the 303 sio2 sealant, it looks like a super easy application?

The Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze seems good - at least they say lasts 12 months. Do I have to prep like opticoat? It's for a daily driver, mainly to have the car wash it's self while driving in the rain and to protect and remove love bugs easier. That's what was great about opticoat.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rejex vs ?

Quote Originally Posted by stewbuntu View Post
    What other products compare to rejex
    and Menzerna. Also looks like Menzerna
    sold to Jescar or something...
    •Both Rejex, and the Menzerna (Jescar) product
    you mention, are categorized as Sealants.

•With that in mind:
    -Here are some other Sealants that
    can be found in Autogeek’s store:
    Auto Geek- Your Car Wax SuperStore, Car Wax, Auto Detailing Supplies , Car Accessories, Car Buffers Store, We Are Car Care

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •Both Rejex, and the Menzerna (Jescar) product
    you mention, are categorized as Sealants.

•With that in mind:
    -Here are some other Sealants that
    can be found in Autogeek’s store:
    Auto Geek- Your Car Wax SuperStore, Car Wax, Auto Detailing Supplies , Car Accessories, Car Buffers Store, We Are Car Care

Bob
    It looks like the klasse high gloss sealant is the longest lasting non permanent. It's mentioned in the autogeek area about sealants and I started to do research.

The pray on and rinse off like 303 touchless etc are totally new to me and look awesome. Great for an easy sealant thats self washing as you drive. I'll do the Klasse and do touchless every once in a while on top.

For the RV I think I'm stuck with Carnauba to fill gelcoat pores followed by buffing to remove powdery gel coat. Then maybe a easier product from then on. That's going to be a big job!

Let me know of a better product for the RV.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe try the new spray on spray off sealants? Would save alot of time on an RV. Probably not as cost affective though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk