autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Interior Detailing Lights

Hi,

What LED lights do you use when your trying to detail your interior (vacuuming, carpet extraction, cleaning nooks and crannies)?

I typically clean my interior in the garage and the lights are insufficient.

I was thinking about an under-hood LED bar which provides a lot of lighting and I've seen some people use them for the interiors but most are $100+. Harbor Frieght makes one that's $35 which I may try.

What lights do you all use? Name of the product would be helpful so I can review them. Ideally, I'm looking to spend <$100.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Interior Detailing Lights

You might have some trouble with the Harbor Freight one since it seems to use magnets to hold itself up.

What kind of vehicle will this be used on? Some underhood light bars work good for SUVs or trucks, but not so much cars and vice versa.

Even though it's a few bucks over $100 the ATD 80050A is worth it. 25' cord, 1500 lumens of cool white led light, works on all cars, most SUVs, and trucks.

It's pricey for home use but you want something with good clamps that won't damage your paint, and you also need something that won't fall unexpectedly and damage something in your interior.

If you do go with the ATD light bar make sure it's the A model. The regular 80050 is an older fluorescent model.

Another option would be to use a headlamp. It'd be right in you're price range and I've seem others highly recommend them.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I drive a 2019 Toyota Rav4. I use a pretty good headlamp now, but it's constantly bumping into the dash and other plastics on the car when I'm detailing the interior.

Thank you for the light recommendation. I was looking for something similar. I'd like to be able to use the light wirelessly so I might go with something like this from Amazon.

Robot Check

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Milwaukee M12 LED bar. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Urmil View Post
    I drive a 2019 Toyota Rav4. I use a pretty good headlamp now, but it's constantly bumping into the dash and other plastics on the car when I'm detailing the interior.

Thank you for the light recommendation. I was looking for something similar. I'd like to be able to use the light wirelessly so I might go with something like this from Amazon.

Robot Check
    That looks like a good light. Cordless is a lot better too.

Like gspam1 said, I too run a Milwaukee light bar but they're expensive...

Post Thanks / Like

Why not get a head lamp? Just look at the area you want cleaned, hands free and it lights up all the nook and crannies that dirt can hide in. The Scangrip works awesome for interior cleaning and its rechargeable.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Scangrip headlamp. Works great, and very comfortable. My only complaint is the specialized charging plug required. But once I find the charger and get it charged up, it's a great tool.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have that HF under hood light and have used it inside. Like mentioned above, it's magnetic and I attached it to the body because the door were open. But you can also detach that part and use hooks, they aren't huge hooks but should be able to grab onto the handle above the doors. It's bright enough but I think it could be brighter. I hear the ScanGrip version is way better but also way more money. I paid $26 after a coupon for the HF one.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Eastwood has a selection of LED lights - I have an older under hood light I use all the time - but they've updated their selection to be modular now.... Might be a good option.

Post Thanks / Like

I just use a head lamp. I use a streamlight one just because I get discounts from streamlight.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast