autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Question Making Grigio Metallic paint POP and WET

I recenly purchased an Acura TSX 2010 and noticed there are 2 paint chips on my hood that are rusty (see attached). After see Larry Kosilla's video, YouTube I have decided to get my mechanic to use touch up paint and use the Loew Cornell Fine Line Painting Pen. My car has Grigio Metallic paint and I'm looking ways to make my paint POP and get that WET look.

BTW has anyone used the Loew Cornell Fine Line Painting Pen? Can you tell me your pros and cons to Loew Cornell Painting Pen compared to Dr. Color Chip? From what I see Larry do in the video it seems a more precise instrument and as it seems NOT to leave a BLOB on the paint. TIA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Making Grigio Metallic paint POP and WET-rust_spot_01-jpg   Making Grigio Metallic paint POP and WET-rust_spot_02-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Making Grigio Metallic paint POP and WET

As per your other thread that's a deep chip and most likely be noticeable after a paint pen. Also hard to tell but that looks like a deep chip and will take multiple attempts to get it to level off. Didn't you say I. Your other post that your mechanic repainted the hood? Sorry if I don't remember to well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    As per your other thread that's a deep chip and most likely be noticeable after a paint pen. Also hard to tell but that looks like a deep chip and will take multiple attempts to get it to level off. Didn't you say I. Your other post that your mechanic repainted the hood? Sorry if I don't remember to well
    Good memory! Yes, you are correct regarding my other post. I thought my mechanic repainted my hood, but it turns out I misunderstood him and he just buffed the hood. So, I made it real clear to my mechanic that I want to use touch up paint but wasn't sure what procedures I/he should use. I bought the Loew Cornell Fine Line Painting Pen because I saw Larry's video and was impressed. So, I am not sure if I should go with Loew's or Dr. Color Chip or possibly something else altogether?

I agree with you, IMHO, the chip(s) look deep to me too, but I'm not sure what to do or what to use to level them off. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ir+paint+chips

Plenty of info here, I would look to the techniques rather than product

Post Thanks / Like

The pen works fine. And so does Dr Colorchip. You can use the pen to apply some Dr Colorchip and then level with the solution after building up the paint in that deep chip. It will take several applications. Keep in mind the paint dries fast in that pen and if you don’t clean it soon it will get clogged.
    Bruno Soares

6. Thanks whoRyou thanked for this post
    Likes whoRyou liked this post