autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire One Step and Hybrid Wax or Pinnacle Polish and Liquid Souveran

We just purchased a new Nissan Murano and looking to protect it. Planning to do the whole decon, clay and wax process. Contemplating using Blackfire One Step followed by Blackfire Black Ice Hybrid Wax based on the numerous positive results from the forum here. My other choice and this is probably my first choice....is to use Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish, followed by the Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion, then to apply Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. As mentioned, vehicle is new and paint appears to be in very good shape. Was thinking of using the finishing polish to clean up and remove anything the dealer may have put on there when they detailed and prepped prior to our taking delivery. Also the fact that I live in the north frozen tundra so this will be done in Jan when we are down in AZ for the month, so from now till then, there is a chance that the paint wont be as it is now.
    Looking for thoughts on BF vs Pinnacle....vehicle is dark red in colour. I also have McKees 360 and Hi Def Sealant as well as HD Speed, but am thinking of putting something different on this new paint, and am quite impressed with other threads about the Pinnacle route.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire One Step and Hybrid Wax or Pinnacle Polish and Liquid Souveran

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    We just purchased a new Nissan Murano and looking to protect it. Planning to do the whole decon, clay and wax process. Contemplating using Blackfire One Step followed by Blackfire Black Ice Hybrid Wax based on the numerous positive results from the forum here. My other choice and this is probably my first choice....is to use Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish, followed by the Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion, then to apply Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. As mentioned, vehicle is new and paint appears to be in very good shape. Was thinking of using the finishing polish to clean up and remove anything the dealer may have put on there when they detailed and prepped prior to our taking delivery. Also the fact that I live in the north frozen tundra so this will be done in Jan when we are down in AZ for the month, so from now till then, there is a chance that the paint wont be as it is now.
    Looking for thoughts on BF vs Pinnacle....vehicle is dark red in colour. I also have McKees 360 and Hi Def Sealant as well as HD Speed, but am thinking of putting something different on this new paint, and am quite impressed with other threads about the Pinnacle route.
    I've been using Pinnacle Liquid Souveran and Paintwork Cleansing Lotion since my vehicles were new. If you're going to use Advanced Finishing Polish I don't think the Cleansing Lotion step is necessary at this point. When you detail the next time if paint correction is not needed then use the Paintwork Cleansing Lotion to condition the paint. It contains some fillers and will keep the paint looking good but doesn't contain abrasives to aid in swirl or defect removal. The Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Liquid is very easy to use and can be applied to the entire vehicle before beginning removal. I've been getting 4-5 months out of it but I use Pinnacle Spray Wax or DG Aquawax as a drying aid after blowing the water off the vehicles.