autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !

Quote Originally Posted by RABVET View Post
    I just tried it (Griots Best of Show Detailer) and it's exactly what I was hoping for; the shine looks deeper and wetter than the Gold Class Detail spray and the ease of use is beyond incredible.
    So again thank you all very much ------------- I'm going to look into buying it in the one gallon size.
    it's my favorite QD out of all that i have tried (and i have tried many). it leaves and nice gloss/shine and it flashes/wipes off easy (less wipes/passes). with the all the sales going on, pick up a gallon (cost effective) it's worth it..

2. Likes ScottH liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Crystal Mist and I've tried most of the Meguiar's QDs, Adams QD, Zaino Grand Finale(very good), etc. and Crystal Mist works best for me. Especially over Pinnacle SiO2 and/or Jeweling wax.
    Chuck

4. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang! I really like my Optimum. I may have to try some of this. Bottom line though, there are probably 100s of QDs on the market, and most are good. Pick one you like, with a decent price, and it's all good!

6. Likes astro, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Observation: wife’s car looks great on both sides. Hard to tell a different in shine this morning (the paint looks like an animated cartoon in the sun). It does seem like the Sprayduster passenger side may have had some fillings. The very minor swirls on the hood that I could see from certain angles in the sun appeared to be gone on the Sprayduster side. That side may also be a touch smoother looking. Slightly less crisp than the Cosmic Spritz alone... but maybe it’s just the angles.
    6/28 Observation: I got to drive the whole fe’s car today. It’s been out of the garage for her work commute Thursday and today. I drove during and after another short Tstorm. The driver side with 5-week-old Cosmic Spritz has minor reduction in bead performance. Note this car has been hammered in isolated downpours for the last 5 weeks. Still beading good overall, but it’s easy to see that the passenger side I applied Sprayduster on last weekend looks like brand new coating beads. Smaller and tighter than the driver side beads, and the hood gets dryer more quickly when driving lower than highway speeds. I didn’t get pictures after driving, but below are pictures of the SUV sitting in my driveway after a downpour. Note that the hood probably has road grime on it from her 20 mile highway commute today.

Sprayduster topping on left; Cosmic Spritz alone on right:
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4118-jpg
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4119-jpg

Sprayduster:
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4121-jpg

Cosmic Spritz alone:
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4122-jpg

This was similar to my experience on the Acura where I topped Cosmic Spritz with High Gloss and could see improved beading for weeks on the topper side.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RABVET View Post
    Guys I know this subject has been tossed around dozens of times; but, I would like to refresh one more time.

I've spent a ton of hours researching and looking at reviews, although lots of folks swear by several different products inclusive of a couple of waterless wash products, it seems the 2 quick detail sprays that keep overwhelmingly popping up are Adams and FK-425.

For my "garage queen" application I don't care about water beading, surface slickness or which product will last the longest.

Instead I only care about shine and a product that doesn't streak.

I have to admit I've been using Mequiar's Gold Class Quick Detail Spray and it definitely looks shiny and never streaks.

Do you think I would see a better shine with Adams or FK-425 over the Mequiar's GCQD ??? ----------- Note: price and purchase convivence is a non issue!

Thank you !
    Honestly there aren't many bad ones out there especially if you are buying it on this site. With the good ones you can't really say one is better then the other. They are all good it just depend what you want out of it. Some leave protection behind either wax, synthetic wax, or sio2. Some just clean and leave a more glossy surface behind. Then you have a couple like the one I mostly use that just clean and leave nothing behind.

Gloss comes from polishing and decontaminating the paint ultimately. There are many great quick detailers out there if you get it here you can not go wrong.

10. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    6/28 Observation: I got to drive the whole fe’s car today. It’s been out of the garage for her work commute Thursday and today. I drove during and after another short Tstorm. The driver side with 5-week-old Cosmic Spritz has minor reduction in bead performance. Note this car has been hammered in isolated downpours for the last 5 weeks. Still beading good overall, but it’s easy to see that the passenger side I applied Sprayduster on last weekend looks like brand new coating beads. Smaller and tighter than the driver side beads, and the hood gets dryer more quickly when driving lower than highway speeds. I didn’t get pictures after driving, but below are pictures of the SUV sitting in my driveway after a downpour. Note that the hood probably has road grime on it from her 20 mile highway commute today.

Sprayduster topping on left; Cosmic Spritz alone on right:
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4118-jpg
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4119-jpg

Sprayduster:
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4121-jpg

Cosmic Spritz alone:
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4122-jpg

This was similar to my experience on the Acura where I topped Cosmic Spritz with High Gloss and could see improved beading for weeks on the topper side.
    The dirtier your car is-- the less beading your gonna get- after you wash the grime off, it will bead much better

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    The dirtier your car is-- the less beading your gonna get- after you wash the grime off, it will bead much better
    I agree, I’m still surprised that topper sides bead so well even while dirty. The car gets a bath later today so I will observe and update beading of each side after.

Post Thanks / Like

I still use Wolfgang Uber mixed 3/4 oz with 32 oz of distilled water. It works well as a detail spray, drying aid and waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok - so I bought some Griots BOS Detailer at the distributer at the Carlisle show this weekend. And tried it on my 16 Ram Blue Streak Pearl. Maybe it was the humidity - but it was just "ok". It's not like the Optimum Detailer and Gloss Enhancer (my fav).

I mean, truck was pretty immaculate, just getting some dust off from driving onto the showfield. I like it fine, but I probably won't buy it again after I use up this bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
    It's not like the Optimum Detailer and Gloss Enhancer (my fav).
    i'm the opposite, i favor the BOS detailer more than OID. just goes to show you everyone has different opinions/results/preferences. i have a bottle (concentrate) of OID in the samples thread if anyone is interested...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast