autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Beadmaker’s not a quik detailer.
    Uh, yes it is. Shine, check. No streaking, check. Fits what OP wants. I have used FK425 (and all the above), and have been an Adam's user for years. BM is easy to use and fits the bill.
    Don't overcomplicate what is easy :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    Uh, yes it is. Shine, check. No streaking, check. Fits what OP wants. I have used FK425 (and all the above), and have been an Adam's user for years. BM is easy to use and fits the bill.
    Don't overcomplicate what is easy :-)
    Go wipedown a dusty vehicle with Beadmaker and come back and show us the photos... It’s not a quik detailer. It cannot effectively clean a dusty vehicle because it’s simply a spray sealant.

If it was a “quik detailer”, then why do they sell Renny Doyle Spray & Shine? [read the label. Quik Detailer]

Read the label on Beadmaker. Does it even remotely say that it can safely & effectively clean a dusty vehicle? No.

Is Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax a quik detailer? No. If it was, then why would they be selling Ultimate Quik Detailer?

3. Likes TTQ B4U, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not see where the OP needed it for a very dusty car...garage queen as stated. A quick detailer shouldn't be used on a dusty vehicle anyways...waterless wash / rinseless wash is what I use.
    Anywho, as stated before, gloss and ease of use, beadmaker gets my vote. Continue on with products that give gloss and ease of use as he wanted.

5. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not see where the OP needed it for a very dusty car...garage queen as stated. A quick detailer shouldn't be used on a dusty vehicle anyways...waterless wash / rinseless wash is what I use.
    Anywho, as stated before, gloss and ease of use, beadmaker gets my vote. Continue on with products that give gloss and ease of use as he wanted.
    Maybe we should let OP clarify what his needs actually are before declaring what he’s going to use it for or not..

But judging by it being a garage queen, I’ll go out on a limb and say it’s probably not the kind of vehicle that he’s going to need to be bucket washing very often if ever.. A garage queen is the perfect candidate for a quik detailer used as directed on the label, to safely wipedown a dusty vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

No one said the vehicle was “very dusty”.

And to say a quik detailer shouldn’t be used on a dusty vehicle is flat out wrong. If that was the case you’d be right and every single label of quik detailer sold today would be wrong. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Op did state he was looking for a QD. If he was not looking for a QD ( not BM)he woulda said sealant (BM) and that woulda open a whole new can of worms....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Thanks for double checking, and now the SiO2 numbers surprise me. I have 2 bottles from AG but I doubt they are V4, their dates are from last year.

I used Sprayduster on half my wife’s car last week, which has Cosmic Spritz as a base. I wanted to see if I or she could tell the difference since Cosmic already looks so nice. She’s been out of town though and I haven’t even took her car out of the garage to observe yet. She’s back tonight so observation coming soon.
    Observation: wife’s car looks great on both sides. Hard to tell a different in shine this morning (the paint looks like an animated cartoon in the sun). It does seem like the Sprayduster passenger side may have had some fillings. The very minor swirls on the hood that I could see from certain angles in the sun appeared to be gone on the Sprayduster side. That side may also be a touch smoother looking. Slightly less crisp than the Cosmic Spritz alone... but maybe it’s just the angles.

Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4082-jpg
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4092-jpg
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4100-jpg
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4102-jpg
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4088-jpg
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4086-jpg
    Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !-img_4101-jpg

10. Likes SWETM, bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all VERY much, lots of great suggestions and much appreciated!

To clarify: I recently got the car new which is a 2019 Dodge Challenger Red Eye with Octane Red metallic exterior.

My base is this:
    1. Menzerna 3000 to correct any imperfection or micro scratches where needed.
    2. Menzerna 4500 (3-800) entire car.
    3. Poor Boys Black Hole glaze.
    4, Mequiar's Gold Class Carnauba Wax.
    5. Mequiar's Gold Class Quick Detailer.

Lot of work because I'm 73 and do all this manually; however came out amazing !!

The car is kept in a controlled environment (heated and humidity controlled).

Prior to applying any QD I always blot the entire car with a large damp cotton towel to remove any dust, this works very effectively and only takes a few minutes.

So now just looking to maintain this level with a high quality QD spray once a week before the car show which may not be necessary but I enjoy doing, plus it satisfies my OCD !!! The Mequiar's Gold Class Quick Detailer seems great, but just wondering if there may be a better choice, thus my inquiry with you guys who I'm sure know a lot more about this than I do !

You've all giving me some great choices and I'm sure they're all fantastic; but I think I'm now leaning towards the Griots Best of Show Detailer which has excellent reviews in terms of gloss, ease of use and zero streaking, plus it's readily available at Auto Zone.

Thank you again !!

Post Thanks / Like

Try the Griot’s. Really should probably grab most of the ones from the store you go to and try them out. Most of the time I can’t personally see the difference between products on paint in good shape.

Just have fun with it, that’s what it’s all about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried it (Griots Best of Show Detailer) and it's exactly what I was hoping for; the shine looks deeper and wetter than the Gold Class Detail spray and the ease of use is beyond incredible.
    So again thank you all very much ------------- I'm going to look into buying it in the one gallon size.

14. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR, SWETM liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast