autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Detailer Spray (one more time) !

Quote Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
    Ok - so I bought some Griots BOS Detailer at the distributer at the Carlisle show this weekend. And tried it on my 16 Ram Blue Streak Pearl. Maybe it was the humidity - but it was just "ok". It's not like the Optimum Detailer and Gloss Enhancer (my fav).

I mean, truck was pretty immaculate, just getting some dust off from driving onto the showfield. I like it fine, but I probably won't buy it again after I use up this bottle.
    If there was one brand not to mix with others, my experience has been it's Optimum. I quit using their products for a while because of poor results. When I later saw a video by Yuan on how to use the Big Red Sponge, I tried using them again. After about four washes, the results improved significantly. I have noticed similar results when switching over with vehicles a couple more times.

Griot's Best of Show is a great detailer. It, or Sonax BSD, is what I would have rec'd. Maybe try it on a vehicle that doesn't have any Optimum polymers on it before you give up on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I do think the humidity may have played a roll. I have plenty left, so I'll be trying it again under different conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

One more positive nod for crystal mist; so easy to use n nice shine , it’s my go to.
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

4. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite QD, BY FAR! It is very slick, leaves a great shine, and can even remove tree sap mist! It attracts less dust than other QDs too. I have never seen anything like it!

RamAirV1

Post Thanks / Like

So... I am rethinking my original opinion on the Griot's Best of Show. Meaning....I like it! My truck hasn't been washed or even gone over for two weeks today, since I came home from the Carlisle Chrysler show. It sits outside 24/7and has been rained on. While it needs a good going over, I am very impresses on the general shine and clarity, not to mention the water beading, that it still shows. In fact, one person (a very attractive young woman police officer - we were both at The Smoothy King) complimented it highly.

Went over the Viper with it this morning after my drive. And it looks damn good. Going back to Carlisle next weekend for All Trucks, so I'll report again. I may buy a gallon!

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345