autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Best Portable Foam Generator

    New to foam, and just used the Griots Foam Wash, and Poly Gloss.

    I was very pleased with the wash and gloss.

    I know that a pump up sprayer isn't the same as a pressure washer, but I wont be able to own/use one either.


    Seemed to work ok, but I dont see a list/review of portable foam generators anywhere. I felt like I spent more time pumping than spraying...not a lot of volume to build pressure with.


    What are other options?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mantilgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Boonsboro, Md
    Posts
    2,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Portable Foam Generator

    I’m not sure what size sprayer you were working with but Kwazar has a 2 liter pump sprayer that comes with foaming nozzle.

    Kwazar Venus Pro Super Foamer

    You can usually get 1 to several gallon ones locally and may be able to find a foaming tip for it somewhere.

    You can also get battery powered ones, and some can connected to your vehicle’s battery.
    ____________
    "The more answers I seek, the more questions I find."

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Portable Foam Generator

    it depends on your intended use, the amount of money you want to spend and the type of appliances you intend to power. So, consider the power requirements of your devices; buy the unit that delivers slightly more power than your total energy needs. Additionally, if you are going to use your generator for boating purposes, a noiseless and portable unit is ideal. For backup purposes purchase the best portable generator that can support all the appliances in your home till the utility power is restored. WEN 56180

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Portable Foam Generator

    Quote Originally Posted by Shower View Post
    it depends on your intended use, the amount of money you want to spend and the type of appliances you intend to power. So, consider the power requirements of your devices; buy the unit that delivers slightly more power than your total energy needs. Additionally, if you are going to use your generator for boating purposes, a noiseless and portable unit is ideal. For backup purposes purchase the best portable generator that can support all the appliances in your home till the utility power is restored. WEN 56180
    Look up IK 9 foam sprayer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Portable Foam Generator

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Look up IK 9 foam sprayer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not used the iK 9 but purchased and returned the iK5. No better or no more advanced than any other lesser sprayer I’ve used. The foam is fine however extremely dependant on the pressure in the bottle. Save your money and buy something cheaper.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Portable Foam Generator

    Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    Not used the iK 9 but purchased and returned the iK5. No better or no more advanced than any other lesser sprayer I’ve used. The foam is fine however extremely dependant on the pressure in the bottle. Save your money and buy something cheaper.
    The ik9 much bigger. Read you can foam whole small car with pressurize twice. I believe it’s “klasseact” on forums who owns one. PM him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Portable Foam Generator

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The ik9 much bigger. Read you can foam whole small car with pressurize twice. I believe it’s “klasseact” on forums who owns one. PM him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not into them, I feel like they have the “specialty” premium on them for no apparent reason.

    You can pick up a better built unit with viton seals for half the price.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Portable Foam Generator

    Isn't all the foaming happening in the nozzle ?

    I think one of the YouTubers (autofanatic ?) Sells just the ik nozzle.


    The Kwazer foamer is only good for small stuff (like wheels). Anything big will have you pumping and filling like crazy .

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Portable Foam Generator

    Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    I’m not into them, I feel like they have the “specialty” premium on them for no apparent reason.

    You can pick up a better built unit with viton seals for half the price.
    Like which ones? Couldn’t find a foamier cheaper than IK 1.5 or IK 9.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best Portable Foam Generator

    Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Isn't all the foaming happening in the nozzle ?

    I think one of the YouTubers (autofanatic ?) Sells just the ik nozzle.


    The Kwazer foamer is only good for small stuff (like wheels). Anything big will have you pumping and filling like crazy .
    I don’t think so in the IK 9. I think part of it is also in the base


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Inverter generator vs traditional generator
    By TopThatDetail in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM
  2. Generator ?
    By coreymg51 in forum How to make money detailing cars
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 08:26 AM
  3. Generator
    By Big Boi in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 12:17 AM
  4. Generator?
    By Wiserphil in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 06:14 PM
  5. portable vac
    By excalibur in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 06:03 AM

Members who have read this thread: 77

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» March 2019

S M T W T F S
2425262728 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 123456