autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking For a Spray Detailer That Dosn't Leave White Residue on Black Trim?

Price point isn’t too bad if you go for the gallon... assuming you use a lot of QD, which I do.

Post Thanks / Like

As previously stated you shouldn't have any trouble with Crystal Mist, and it is in fact an excellent quick detailer which I've used many times...

But reading between the lines of your initial post, you mentioned that you are looking for a QD to be used for car show maintenance. Is it fair to assume that you chose Souveran as your LSP because your show car is a dark color? Black perhaps? If that is in fact the case, as the owner of two dark colored show cars (black and midnight blue) which have both had Souveran paste wax on them at one time or another AND sat outside for many hours at car shows, I would just make the following comment:

Carnauba waxes (like Souveran) and Crystal Mist QD (which contains the most amount of carnauba for a QD) collect a lot of dust while sitting out in the elements at a car show. This may or may not be a concern, but IF the goal is to keep the car clean and shiny for as long as possible outside at a car show - than a carnauba topper may not be the best choice from my own personal experience (ymmv). I also love the look of Sourveran paste wax and don't get me wrong I am not saying don't use it on your show car, but again if the goal is to have the car looking it's best at an outdoor car show than topping your Souveran LSP with a "sun friendly" QD which contains synthetic ingredients only (i.e. no natural waxes) MAY from my experience be a better choice.

Two that come to mind which again from personal experience work well with Souveran are:

Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz

Kenotek Showroom Shine

Sorry if I just took your thread off into a completely different tangent. I will now wait for the next post to recommend that you use a rinseless product like Uber mixed up at the QD dilution ratio instead, because it is a better value for the money... blah, blah, blah which may in fact all be true, but I stand behind my recommendations. Just some food for thought (after all, this is an internet forum right?) .
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

3. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Add FK1 425 to that list of anti-static detailer's

5. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss fast clean and shine is always good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Price point isn’t too bad if you go for the gallon... assuming you use a lot of QD, which I do.
    I use UWWP or UWWP with acrylic for all my QD needs. So price point is terrible compared to those two for me.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    As previously stated you shouldn't have any trouble with Crystal Mist, and it is in fact an excellent quick detailer which I've used many times...

But reading between the lines of your initial post, you mentioned that you are looking for a QD to be used for car show maintenance. Is it fair to assume that you chose Souveran as your LSP because your show car is a dark color? Black perhaps? If that is in fact the case, as the owner of two dark colored show cars (black and midnight blue) which have both had Souveran paste wax on them at one time or another AND sat outside for many hours at car shows, I would just make the following comment:

Carnauba waxes (like Souveran) and Crystal Mist QD (which contains the most amount of carnauba for a QD) collect a lot of dust while sitting out in the elements at a car show. This may or may not be a concern, but IF the goal is to keep the car clean and shiny for as long as possible outside at a car show - than a carnauba topper may not be the best choice from my own personal experience (ymmv). I also love the look of Sourveran paste wax and don't get me wrong I am not saying don't use it on your show car, but again if the goal is to have the car looking it's best at an outdoor car show than topping your Souveran LSP with a "sun friendly" QD which contains synthetic ingredients only (i.e. no natural waxes) MAY from my experience be a better choice.

Two that come to mind which again from personal experience work well with Souveran are:

Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz

Kenotek Showroom Shine

Sorry if I just took your thread off into a completely different tangent. I will now wait for the next post to recommend that you use a rinseless product like Uber mixed up at the QD dilution ratio instead, because it is a better value for the money... blah, blah, blah which may in fact all be true, but I stand behind my recommendations. Just some food for thought (after all, this is an internet forum right?) .
    Thank you very much, ---------- this is excellent detailed information and you did NOT take my original thread in a different tangent.
    Yes the car is a darker color: Octane Red which is more or less a dark metallic maroon and lots of it, whereas it's a big car (2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat).
    Yes, I am concerned about the tendency of the carnauba to attract dust; but, I prefer the "wax look" over the the CQuartz coating which I had on my pervious Dodge Challenger at least for this color. So I'm open and appreciate any and all ideas for a topping that will be less inclined to attract dust as long as it won't compromise the Souveran paste wax. I noticed the Crystal Mist contained some UV inhibitors and Polymers which I was hoping would help minimize dust ?
    The Wofgang Instant Detailer has excellent reviews ---- wonder if Mequiars has any spray detailers that would be compatible with the Souveran and help better with the dust whereas there so convenient to get ?

I've also used Poorboy's Spray & Wipe Waterless Quick Detailer and Reload on my previous car in which both looked great over the CQuartz coating.

Thank you again, good stuff !!!

9. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tested Poorboy's Spray and Wipe on the Souverän?
    Since I don't think that it leaves anything behind your finish would be what Souverän gets you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Have you tested Poorboy's Spray and Wipe on the Souverän?
    Since I don't think that it leaves anything behind your finish would be what Souverän gets you.
    I haven't tested it yet over the Souveran; however, I know for sure the Poorboy's Spray & Wipe won't leave any residue on the black trim whereas I used it before over the CQuartz on my previous car, and I'm sure you're correct it won't affect the wax on the new car.
    Based on all the solid suggestions, I'm now leaning towards topping the Souveran with the Cyrstal Mist, then will maintenance weekly with either Wolfgang QD or FK 425 QD to maintain a quality shine and resist dust. Since I usually do this on a weekly basis I may alternate the maintenance with the Poorboy's Spray & Wipe?

Thank you !

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RABVET View Post
    I haven't tested it yet over the Souveran; however, I know for sure the Poorboy's Spray & Wipe won't leave any residue on the black trim whereas I used it before over the CQuartz on my previous car, and I'm sure you're correct it won't affect the wax on the new car.
    Based on all the solid suggestions, I'm now leaning towards topping the Souveran with the Cyrstal Mist, then will maintenance weekly with either Wolfgang QD or FK 425 QD to maintain a quality shine and resist dust. Since I usually do this on a weekly basis I may alternate the maintenance with the Poorboy's Spray & Wipe?

Thank you !
    Looks like a great plan. It's only to test them out and see what you think about them after applyied. Some QD is strong enough to alter the base LSP looks. That is something I like about McKees 37 N-914 rinseless wash and Poorboy's Spray and Wipe that they don't leave anything behind. Just clean and or gives lubrication as a drying aid. The Wolfgang uber leaves a little glossenhancer after it but it don't interfear with the lsp water behavior which is great. Pinnacle Crystal Mist is recommended to be used in synergy with the Souverän and would be the best choice to spruce up the finish with without alter the wax. If you where to test the FK 425 I would test it on the trunk lid or another small area if you like the finish it gives you.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber mixed 3/4 oz per quart solution makes a great quick detailer/drying aid. It is economical and it will remove the dust and not leave any type of residue on plastic trim.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast